Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Body changes after pregnancy

(44 Posts)
raspberryhead Fri 16-Sep-11 14:40:07

So I have the standard stretch marks, saggy belly, mahoosive knockers, all of which I expected and am happy with because I have a gorgeous dd. But had an hour to myself this morning and really looked at myself in the mirror (first time in 6 months!) and I think my hair has changed colour. :-/
The roots are almost black and I've always been mousy blondish! Anyone else have unexpected changes after pregnancy???? Am I the only one with weird hair???? Please tell me I'm not the only one........

laracroft2001 Fri 16-Sep-11 15:10:24

hey!

I've noticed my natural hair colour is growing in darker as well. GRrrrrrrr sad

whackamole Fri 16-Sep-11 16:08:07

I smell a lot more sad. This is not a problem, just means that I can smell my body rather than not - I was always very non-smelly before unless I had done lots of strenuous activity.

During this pregnancy, I have noticed the hairs on my legs are growing very very slowly, but the hairs under my arms are growing faster! Used to be the other way round - really odd!

muffins Fri 16-Sep-11 16:34:40

Whackamole I am exactly the same on the hair front lol, my eyebrows are barely growing too! It's very odd.

redexpat Fri 16-Sep-11 16:56:50

My aunt went from being a redhead to chestnut brown.

Pastabee Fri 16-Sep-11 17:04:04

I'm worried my feet have grown. I'm praying it's just swelling but my mum swears she went from a 4 to a 5 when she had me and it never went back.

I've spent a very long time building up my collection of beautiful size 4 shoes.....

HappyAsASandboy Fri 16-Sep-11 17:49:58

Apart from the expected saggy buts, my leg hair grows finer and more sparsely. Definitely still needs shaving, but there are less hairs per inch, and while areas with no hair. Very odd.

raspberryhead Fri 16-Sep-11 18:06:29

Crikey pastabee!
I don't know what I'd do if my shoes didn't fit me, they are the only things that still do!
My bf had the same problem, she went from a size 6 to a 7. It's a shame cause we used to share shoes! wink

raspberryhead Fri 16-Sep-11 18:07:45

Saggy buts happy! How many do you have?grin

StickyGhost Fri 16-Sep-11 18:24:42

Horror story time: I worked with a woman who has suffered from chronic insomnia for the 30 odd years since the birth of her last child. Hormone changes I think she said. Poor, poor woman. An extreme example I'm hoping.

metalelephant Fri 16-Sep-11 18:30:48

After having my son my feet have remained half a size up, it's been 3 years so I don't think it's temporary. They just seem wider somehow, none of my nice shoes fit.
Interestingly, I'm soon due to give birth to my second, wonder if they will grow any bigger, like a hairless hobbit...

metalelephant Fri 16-Sep-11 18:31:53

Also, my mum an aunties all developed moustaches after their second, hurray for hormones! grin

Pastabee Fri 16-Sep-11 19:56:19

Oh no. I did fear it was true feet could grow!

Raspberry, I'm only coping now because I'm too pregnant for my lovely heels! I won't be at all amused if I'm not back in my shoes after giving birth!!

raspberryhead Fri 16-Sep-11 21:40:55

Hmmmmmm
Moustaches
I got a lot more chin hair in pregnancy and it's not gone away yet blush
Thankfully no moustache as yet, but at this rate give it a year or two. Or maybe a few more kids <<terrified>>

GoingForABlog Fri 16-Sep-11 21:49:10

I think I'm more hourglass shaped than I used to be, I'm sure I'm wider around my ribcage that I was, even though I'm the same weight I used to be, so not just fatter. Also I think I'm wider on my hips now, I can't get into the same cut of tailored trousers that I used to. I'm still the same size, but now buy a different style of trouser. Its very odd.
Also, chin hair sad

WorzselMummage Fri 16-Sep-11 21:51:51

My feet went up a size permanently, my hips are wider and i think my breasts are growing year on year.

Oh, and I can make myself vomit just with the power of thought.. i never used to be able to do that before grin

Beamur Fri 16-Sep-11 21:51:52

I can't wear any of my pre-pregnancy shoes...
My hair has also changed and seems much wavier, which is a real PITA.
On the plus side though, I think the way I store fat on my body has changed for the better - I used to get oddly fat on hips and back and now it seems more evenly distributed.

Reallea Fri 16-Sep-11 22:01:57

I had some weird changes too but they generally vanished within a year. I just aged a lot more that year than I have in any other!

Beesok Fri 16-Sep-11 22:30:42

Why did I read this thread? so now I have all this to look forward to AFTER I push the alien out shock

Am hoping I at least escape the "shoe tragedy" - I have kept on buying lovely heels throughout my pregnancy (hey, they were on sale grin) and I will be gutted if they don't fit! OK am sure I will be madly in love with my child and this is very very shallow but STILL ;)

Beamur Fri 16-Sep-11 23:02:29

Beesok you will be the exception and have dinky small feet and all your lovely shoes will still fit. I promise.

raspberryhead Fri 16-Sep-11 23:06:27

Beesok my feet stayed the same, hopefully yours will too. But the price was extra chin hair wink

Worzsel I laughed out loud at the vomiting, I think that classes as a talent!

Thanks all, feel a bit better now grin

Beamur Fri 16-Sep-11 23:08:49

(I have bigger feet, frizzy hair but but no chin hair. Unless my sight has gone too..)

raspberryhead Fri 16-Sep-11 23:14:25

Aha Beamur!
Bigger feet = no chin hair
Feet stay same size = beard!
This clearly is gospel and should be added to the mumsnet babies book.

Beamur Fri 16-Sep-11 23:16:43

I think we may have stumbled on something significant here!! grin

LittlePushka Fri 16-Sep-11 23:18:41

Definitely bigger ribcage.

And can now "feel" when I am ovulating - which is just plain weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now