Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Carpal Tunnel, pain in the armpit?

(3 Posts)
Asturimama Fri 16-Sep-11 11:03:58

Hello everyone, for the past couple of weeks I have been getting numb hands at night and sometimes I wake up with pain in the middle finger of my right hand.
I had also notice a slight niggling in the armpit of my right arm (right where the arms joins the chest), but I thought it might be due to the fact that the other day I slipped coming down the spiral staircase (fright of my life!) and thought I might have stretched when I grabbed the railings.

However today I have woken up with quite a bit of pain in the armpit area and I am finding it difficult to lift my arm, cut through crusty bread or even open doors.

Anyone else had this and knows whether it is carpal tunnel? Also, if it is, how long after delivery does it go? At least it is in my right arm, which means I can hold the baby with the left one (I am right handed) cos at the moment I wouldn't be able to hold him with this arm...

Thanks in advance.

wheelshavefallenoffthebus Fri 16-Sep-11 11:43:21

Not likely to be carpal tunnel causing your upper arm pain so it may be a muscle injury to your pecs. That should ease within 6 weeks probably sooner. Have you had any treatment for your carpal tunnel? If your symptoms don't get better or are making everyday things really difficult it may be worth seeing GP for a Physio referral if you haven't already. Hope it improves soon smile

Asturimama Fri 16-Sep-11 12:32:50

Thanks Wheels, I was wondering if maybe I strained my arm while sleeping or overdid it while swimming yesterday.
I haven't had any treatment for carpal tunnel as it is not really bad only a bit annoying. I think I'll wait till Monday to see how the arm progresses and will get a GP appointment if it hasn't improved smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now