Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I wish I hadnt asked - now it's all I can think about

(6 Posts)
glitternanny Fri 16-Sep-11 07:22:52

Had my 31w (first baby) check with my mw last night and just casually asked if she could tell if my placenta has moved away from it's low lying position.

She thinks it's still down low (and he's breech) and was saying if it is it COULD still move (well it hasn't in the past 11w...) but I'll see a dr after my scan if it's in the way.

Then I read the thread about cs on here in my insomniac period (1:30am- 4am) and vividly remembered how I fell to pieces before surgery 5 years ago having my gall bladder out!

I've gotta stop stressing. It's not in my control and in some strange ways a cs would be 'easuer' I think with regards to my panic attacks than a natural birth.

gives self a slap, and then another one

parentfailure Fri 16-Sep-11 07:31:03

I've never had a 'natural' birth so I'm going to limit my advice to the experience I DO have:

CS (Elective) are OK. I've had 2. Both elective. Very calm. Was more stressed about the second as DS had been crying when I left him and I was more bothered about DH going to check DS than I was about DH holding my hand and being there for birth of DD blush

If a CS is medically indicated, then IMHO, you are better to go elective than chance problems and end up with an emergency.

I was told (and I believe) that electives are much easier, as you take drugs to prepare your body for surgery and your body hasn't gone through the stress of labour + it's all done 'on time' so they can make sure the baby is stable.

AlpinePony Fri 16-Sep-11 07:31:36

YANBU (see!) wink to be worrying about this and any perceived lost element of control. However - this baby will come out one way or another - no baby left behind - and it will all be OK. smile And many of us had c-sections (even emergency) which ALL went very well.

I for one had a great recovery, housework & walking within 3 days, driving at 10 days, horse-riding at 6 weeks, and, at my 16 week mw appointment the other week the mw couldn't find my scar from July 2010 - even though my notes quite clearly state I had a section! grin

RitaMorgan Fri 16-Sep-11 07:35:00

My mum had 3 caesarians - 2 emergency after long labours (not much fun) and 1 planned elective. The planned one was great, no issues at all.

Tinkerisdead Fri 16-Sep-11 07:40:01

I had an emcs and it was fine. Compared to the panic and chaos of labour suddenly everything was calm and controlled and that was in an emergency!

An elcs would be far nicer, i was having to wait contractions out and wad exhausted from labour. Although its surgery, its not like having an operation. You dont have that fear of going under ga and mask on your face etc. And within minutes your baby arrives and all being well, you dont notice the rest as your busy watching your new arrival. Try not to panic it really isnt like a formal operation, you're so involved and aware and happy its vastly different.

nickschick Fri 16-Sep-11 07:58:45

Ive had 3 one emergency and 2 elective but 2 were under G.A and the last with a spinal block-if I can do it anyone can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now