Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling 'bruised' between my legs

(6 Posts)
excitedLJ Thu 15-Sep-11 22:11:35

Apologies if this is one of these threads that has been done to death but...

It is more of a discomfort than an actual pain. I feel it most when I'm walking around but strangely it is not sore to the touch. Having done a quick bit of reading around I'm confident it's not SPD - nowhere near sore enough - but it is odd and annoying. I can't feel any lumps or bumps so not sure if it could be varicose veins?? Maybe just pressure? I am 31+4 but have had it well over a week now.

Any ideas??

Thanks x

Littlefish Thu 15-Sep-11 22:19:58

My SPD started off as a dull sort of achey/bruised feeling.

excitedLJ Thu 15-Sep-11 23:27:20

Really? Bugger, looks like i may be headed for that then. Should i be looking to get some help etc now or wait til I know for sure?

Littlefish Fri 16-Sep-11 18:03:06

Are you seeing your midwife any time soon? If you're seeing her soon, then I would just wait and mention it to her. In the meantime, I was told not to sit cross legged on the floor, to sleep with a pillow between my knees and to try and keep my knees together when getting into and out of the car (it helps to put a carrier bag on the seat when doing this, as you "slide" a bit more easily).

lovemysleep Fri 16-Sep-11 20:05:03

Sounds like mild SPD to me. I have a similar thing, and am now 37 wks.

Keep doing your pelvic floor and all that littlefish said. You'll notice it may hurt more if you spend too much time on your feet, or walking about.

Sit on a birthing ball if that helps too.

I've taken it easy, and luckily it hasn't progressed much beyond the mild ache between my legs, lower back ache and sometimes my hip/buttocks ache.

I have a osteopaths number just in case it gets bad, as I suspect it will take too long to get physio sorted when I am so close to giving birth.

goodnightmoon Sat 17-Sep-11 21:48:10

i have varicose veins in the area and this is very much how I feel - bruised and sore. i have some SPD and sciatica too though so sometimes it's hard to tell what is causing which pain! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now