Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

first time mum, 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow and in pain

(9 Posts)
aimzbub22 Thu 15-Sep-11 20:57:18

hi
Im New to this site. got told about it by my partners brothers wife, anyway, i am posting here as, as the title says, Im 35 weeks pregnant, this is my first and in the past couple of days i have started getting the most awful "ripping" like pain down below. couple of weeks ago it felt like just pressure, like my girl was pressing her head down which i expected but now it is unbearable. i can barely walk and the pain continues even when i sit down. a few friends have said to me i could possibly be dilating, others have said ligaments stretching, others said just pressure of the baby dropping. i am seeing my doctor tomorrow about it but i was just curious to hear what everyone else thought who may have also experienced it.
thanks
x

bumbums Thu 15-Sep-11 21:05:16

Could be Synphasis Pubis Disorder. Which is basically loose ligaments in pubic region. Goes away after birth.
Always best to see midwife or gp though.

mamadivazback Thu 15-Sep-11 21:07:08

Hi and congratulations on your little girl smile

I think this is quite normal in late pregnancy because everything is stretching into place but everyone's body reacts differently so it would be good to just make sure everything is as it should be with your doctor tomorrow anyway.

bumbums Thu 15-Sep-11 21:07:28

They call it Synphasis Pubis Disfunction on here. Check out the info in the pregnancy section on site.

banana87 Thu 15-Sep-11 21:08:49

Sounds like baby is engaging and it is causing your pubic bone and hips to separate more than usual (called SPD as bumbums pointed out). Get your midwife or GP to check if you are engaged and then get a referral to physio to get it sorted so your last few weeks are a little more comfortable!

NQWWW Thu 15-Sep-11 21:09:53

I used to swim during pregnancy, and towards the end found it really difficult to get out - couldn't stand up as when I stood up I had an agonising pain - due to the baby weight shifting back down. Was like the worst muscle cramp I've had in my calf, but in my belly. I was terrified the first time I felt it, but it was nothing sinister at all.

That said, def speak to midwife/gp.

workshy Thu 15-Sep-11 21:13:55

sounds like SPD -really painful, feels a bit like you have been kicked in between your legs (I seem to remember describing it like this to my GP lol) and the bit inbetween sitting down and standing up is the most painful thing in the world -worst than childbirth!

the good news is that if it is SPD then physio helps alot, they can also give you a support belt that really helps

deffinately mention it to your GP and ask for a physio referal

good luck x

aimzbub22 Thu 15-Sep-11 21:20:32

thank you
didn't think of that. i did read about it once. hope my doctor says the same thing tomorrow about the pubis disorder. will post what he says tomorrow when i know.thank you
didn't think of that. i did read about it once. hope my doctor says the same thing tomorrow about the pubis disorder. will post what he says tomorrow when i know.

aimzbub22 Fri 16-Sep-11 15:27:41

yes my doctor said spd. been referred to a physio. hopefully they should be able to relieve my pain. thanks for the advice. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now