Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Took some ibroprufen before...........

(13 Posts)
Allboxedin Thu 15-Sep-11 18:16:28

I have had a horrible sore throat,cold and headache today, didn't even make it out of the house and I could only find some ibroprufen. I didn't realise it was SUCH a big no no in the third trimester. I'm 35 weeks but hoping one dose won't be harmful or could it?

Flisspaps Thu 15-Sep-11 18:18:19

NHS info says if you take frequent doses after 28 weeks then speak to your GP, but one dose isn't frequent. If you're worried, call the MW for a chat - no doubt you'll be told it's fine, but it's always nice to hear from a medical bod if you're worried!

Can someone get you some paracetamol in?

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Thu 15-Sep-11 18:19:09

I doubt it's anythng to be worried about tbh. I am feeling rubbish atm and hate not being able to take ibuprofen. Paracetamol has just never done much for me confused

Allboxedin Thu 15-Sep-11 18:20:35

I've texted DH to bring me back some lemsip when he comes home! Paracetemol doesnt do much for me either sad

MissRee Thu 15-Sep-11 19:18:40

I think lemsip is a no-no too...

MissRee Thu 15-Sep-11 19:21:14

The pheny-wotsit ingredient is the one to avoid in lempsip (good old netdoctor).

Allboxedin Thu 15-Sep-11 19:44:40

Oh really! Looks like I am going have to suffer then sad

Allboxedin Thu 15-Sep-11 19:47:22

I had a look. I thought lemsip was paracetemol. Oh well!

sleepevader Thu 15-Sep-11 19:48:49

Jakemans throat sweets are great for site throats and colds.
Have a look if your local shop has some or similar.

yummymango Thu 15-Sep-11 20:00:54

You can't take decongestants which is what is in Lemsip (apart from paracetamol). All I managed to take when I had a cold at 35 weeks was breathing in vicks vaporub in hot water, and paracetamol. It wasn't that helpful tbh!

MissRee Thu 15-Sep-11 20:06:18

I'm currently suffering too sad not allowed to take anything other than paracetamol sad

Even ok as oil is dubious - I have come to the conclusion from my research that inhalation is fine, but using it as a massage oil that is the no-no!

MissRee Thu 15-Sep-11 20:06:39

"olbas oil"!!!! grin

knitterati Thu 15-Sep-11 20:23:34

I swear by olbas oil tissues - pregnant or not!

Hope you feel better soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now