Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Knee Pain

(5 Posts)
helgaw99 Thu 15-Sep-11 10:49:31

Hi all
14 weeks today, stopped throwing up finally and feeling pretty good!
But- my knees have suddenly started getting quite painful. Worst in the morning when I get out of bed and towards the end of the day when I have being sat at my desk all day.
Any thoughts on why this is happening? I am still nearly a stone lighter than I was when I got pregnant, regularly swimming and walking etc.
Might is be the hormone thing that relaxes everything a bit?
It's a bit odd!
Thanks
Hx

wheelshavefallenoffthebus Fri 16-Sep-11 21:27:51

Might be due to relaxin hormone if there isn't anything else that springs to mind? Do you have any history of knee pain?

KatyN Mon 19-Sep-11 10:27:57

have you tried sleeping with a pillow between them?? I probably got my maternity pillow at about 14 weeks because I was having hip and knee pain.. and I LOVE IT!!!

katy

HotPinkGingham Mon 19-Sep-11 10:34:18

Hi Helga - I could have written your post! I am 13 + 5 and just in the last few days having really bad aches in both knees (particularly one) in bed at night, going off as soon as I get up and move around. I wondered if it was the relaxin doing it. The knee that's worse was a bit dodgy a while ago after a running injury, but has been fine since, so I wonder if the hormones are just making everything less 'supported' and reawakened the injury, hence the aching.

Pillow between the knees hasn't helped for me yet.

Hope it gets better!

Africagirl1 Mon 19-Sep-11 12:00:08

I had this too. It disappeared around 18 weeks - I am now 34 weeks. Question: have you ever experienced this before you were pregnant? I have in the past and was told to do hamstring exercises to prevent it, but because it seems to hit randomly have always wondered if there was a hormonal element to it (ie when I wasn't pregnant)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now