Talk

Advanced search

"morning"sickness sucks

(4 Posts)
aaahhhBump Wed 14-Sep-11 21:15:54

Five weeks of constant nausea and minimum of 3 bouts of vomiting a day saw me call the doctors 2 weeks ago where I was supplied with medication for sickness over the phone. This wasn't working and this week I called again and was prescribed Avomine. Which knocked me out for 17 hours and still vomiting. Can't get an appointment to see an actual doctor until next week. Tried calling NHS24 to see an out of hours GP. but the nurse said that as long as I'm tolerating fluids I'm not priority. The only fluids I'm tolerating is lucozade.

I tried everything before going to the doctors. (Ginger, little and often, crackers and dry toast.) Think I just needed a mone.

Anyone else fed up of the your pregnant what did you expect?

IvoryRoses Thu 15-Sep-11 11:41:00

I have also had awful sickness since week 6. I am 14 weeks now and still off work with all day nausea. I was in hospital a couple of weeks ago on a drip as I wasnt drinking enough. I am desperate for this to end now, I never expected I would feel this bad and it's really getting me down. I'm too scared to go out of the house trough fear of being sick sad I was taking anti sickness tablets but like you they just didn't work, all they did was make me extremely drowsy.
I wish you the best of luck, I know just how you feel. Let's hope we feel better soon! X

aaahhhBump Fri 16-Sep-11 17:21:27

Thanx sorry to here you ended up in the hospital, trying to avoid that. Still taking the Avomine at night and metrocopamide three times during the day. only been sick once today. Taking that as a small victory.

Not back at a work for a week hoping it settles down or I'll be back at the Quacks.

I hope you feel better soon too.

popcornchicken Fri 16-Sep-11 17:28:52

lucozade original and pringles was the only thing i could keep down dont no if that helps hope u feel better.
now 17 weeks and feel so much better hope yours end sooner x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now