Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8 Weeks - constant thirst?

(13 Posts)
JambalayaCodfishPie Wed 14-Sep-11 18:11:40

As the title suggests, Im 8 weeks pg, and constantly thirsty.

I want water, all the time - am drinking loads, and if I walk anywhere, I feel like im dying of thirst after a few steps.

Has anyone else experienced this?

ImpyCelyn Wed 14-Sep-11 18:29:47

Same here, I'm thirsty all the time at 8 weeks. smile Had the same problem last time too.

wheelshavefallenoffthebus Wed 14-Sep-11 19:47:25

Yes I've had that with ds1 and this pregnancy

justhayley Wed 14-Sep-11 19:57:03

yep im 8 weeks and go through a pint sometimes more of water during the night, iv drunk so much today i dont think i can fit food in - it must be normal

JambalayaCodfishPie Wed 14-Sep-11 20:02:42

Oh good. Its not mentioned in any of my books, and I dont remember feeling this way with DD1. Thank You!! smile

Flisspaps Wed 14-Sep-11 20:07:53

Yep, peak time is middle of the night where I can swig down large amounts of lemonade (can't face anything else, even water) and then lie wide awake for hours spending my imaginary lottery win and wishing I was still asleep

LouisaJF Wed 14-Sep-11 23:24:01

It's due to the fact that your kidneys are working much harder to process what's going through your body. You'll probably find you are peeing more too.

loverocky Fri 16-Sep-11 22:57:25

im 32 weeks tomorrow and i am always thirsty, i guess it's normal there's nothing wrong with me and bubba so far smile good luck x

griphook Fri 16-Sep-11 23:03:54

with ds I was thirsty all the time,however much i drank it wasn't enough. Am having the same feeling this time although it seems to be much eariler than last time. water just doesn't seem to get rid of my thrist. But after reading this thread I feel normal

wheelshavefallenoffthebus Sat 17-Sep-11 10:53:41

It is weird. I always have to have some water with me or I start to feel a bit rubbish! Maybe it's to stop us getting dehydrated. It feels like a craving at times!

banana87 Sat 17-Sep-11 11:05:30

I'm 30 weeks and thirsty ALL THE TIME as well! I was last time as well. Try coconut water as it's meant to rehydrate.

Rainday Sat 17-Sep-11 15:18:56

I'm coming up 7 weeks, and I'm thirsty all the time to. In fact I sometimes feel so thirsty it feels like morning sickness. In the last two hours I've had 2 large classes of water and big cup of tea. and as soon as I've finished this post I'm going to go and find something to drink. I've read that this is normal, so don't worry about it, plus the midwife should pick up any concerns.

mumt1 Mon 19-Sep-11 19:26:04

I was actually going to make a post about this! But thought I'd seen something already about it! A am EXACTLY the same! I'm 9 weeks preg n I cnt stop drinking water! Nothing else is good enough! It actually feels like a craving! Nice ice cold water! The only problem is its only bottled water I like. And I'm drinking at least 5 a day. Night time...hardly sleep cz I need to wee sooo much! Iv had this bottle next to me for half an hour and its already empty sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now