Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Flu like symptoms - Am I in labour????

(6 Posts)
Irishclaire Wed 14-Sep-11 16:44:40

Just wondering if anyone has experienced flu like symptoms before giving birth, I am 38 + 2 days, I have lost my appetite, have serious backache, achiness all over and period like pains, I have not had a show or contractions but feel really tired, nauseous and need to do a number 2 but can't because I am constipated. I had my 38 week check on tuesday and there were leucocytes +3 in my urine and baby's head was engaged 2/5. Any advice wouls be welcome........

Moominsarescary Wed 14-Sep-11 17:09:49

Sounds just like me the night before ds3 was born! Can you time the period pains? Mine were realy mild but comming ever 4 mins and after two hours of them I was 5 cm dilated

Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 17:12:44

Might be the constipation causing pains and backache. It did with me. Take some senokot from boots or supermarket. It worked wonders for me. Or if you can go for a swim as it lifts all the weigh off your insides for a while and the gentle exercise might get things moving lol

biglips Wed 14-Sep-11 17:23:14

with the constipation situation, i was bad nearly toward the end of pg with dd1, as it was a one- off constipation. Dp made me a pint of prunes and fresh orange juice whilst i was on the loo in pain....within 20 - 30 mins i was sooooooo relieved!! it was blardy painful. it was my fault cos i didnt eat enough fruits towards the end but i make sure it didnt happen again after i was expecting dd2.

Irishclaire Wed 14-Sep-11 19:44:25

Thanks for all your comments...I still feel fluey and not quite right... I have had some relief after taking fybogel and forcing myself to make and drink a large smoothie, think I will try and get an early night and see how I feel tomorrow...

ShowOfHands Wed 14-Sep-11 19:48:22

The leucocytes +3 indicates that you have an infection. Did they send off a sample/prescribe antibiotics? The symptoms sound just like a UTI.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now