Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

Flu like symptoms - Am I in labour????

(6 Posts)
Irishclaire Wed 14-Sep-11 16:44:40

Just wondering if anyone has experienced flu like symptoms before giving birth, I am 38 + 2 days, I have lost my appetite, have serious backache, achiness all over and period like pains, I have not had a show or contractions but feel really tired, nauseous and need to do a number 2 but can't because I am constipated. I had my 38 week check on tuesday and there were leucocytes +3 in my urine and baby's head was engaged 2/5. Any advice wouls be welcome........

Moominsarescary Wed 14-Sep-11 17:09:49

Sounds just like me the night before ds3 was born! Can you time the period pains? Mine were realy mild but comming ever 4 mins and after two hours of them I was 5 cm dilated

Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 17:12:44

Might be the constipation causing pains and backache. It did with me. Take some senokot from boots or supermarket. It worked wonders for me. Or if you can go for a swim as it lifts all the weigh off your insides for a while and the gentle exercise might get things moving lol

biglips Wed 14-Sep-11 17:23:14

with the constipation situation, i was bad nearly toward the end of pg with dd1, as it was a one- off constipation. Dp made me a pint of prunes and fresh orange juice whilst i was on the loo in pain....within 20 - 30 mins i was sooooooo relieved!! it was blardy painful. it was my fault cos i didnt eat enough fruits towards the end but i make sure it didnt happen again after i was expecting dd2.

Irishclaire Wed 14-Sep-11 19:44:25

Thanks for all your comments...I still feel fluey and not quite right... I have had some relief after taking fybogel and forcing myself to make and drink a large smoothie, think I will try and get an early night and see how I feel tomorrow...

ShowOfHands Wed 14-Sep-11 19:48:22

The leucocytes +3 indicates that you have an infection. Did they send off a sample/prescribe antibiotics? The symptoms sound just like a UTI.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now