Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Milk!

(6 Posts)
Rowood Wed 14-Sep-11 15:32:44

I'm confused about the best formula milk to hive my baby when it arrives! I've been to Boots today and just stood there bewildered! There are so many more on the market since my last child was born! Please help!

PeggyCarter Wed 14-Sep-11 15:36:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mousymouse Wed 14-Sep-11 15:36:55

they are all more or less the same. might vary in taste, though. just get the brand that is easily available for you, if you travel a lot you might want to consider an international brand.

PrincessScrumpy Wed 14-Sep-11 16:08:31

MW suggested Aptimil for dd1 (but not sure why). My 2 week old twins had a week in SCBU and although I'm bfing they needed top ups of formula due to low birth weights. The Special Care nurses asked which formula I wanted to use as they have some of each brand. They had no preference other than insisting you should stick to one brand and not change around.

A friend of mine used Aptimil and her ds was very sicky so she changed to cow and gate and he was much better. Now he's 2.5 and has a lactose intolerance so is on Soya milk so not sure it tells you much.

Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 17:00:04

They are all make up with pretty much the same thing. I use SMA and I know friends who have used various brands with no issues. Check out price and availability as you will be needing a fair amount of it for a while....also look if they do ready made cartons as they are handy when you are it and about

Rowood Wed 14-Sep-11 19:13:10

Thanks so much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now