Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How did/do you find your 2nd pregnancies & labours?

(20 Posts)
Dozeyland Wed 14-Sep-11 15:28:15

I had a grwat firt labour luckily, hopefully its going to be the same!

Dozeyland Wed 14-Sep-11 15:28:38

great* *first

MrsRhettButler Wed 14-Sep-11 15:30:57

My second pg was a lot harder but the birth was very easy, dd2 was born on Friday and came out in 4 pushes and not much pain! Dd1 was induced by drip, very painful and had epidural but easy pg.

SurprisEs Wed 14-Sep-11 15:31:40

Only in the first trimester but the fact I can't just sleep whenever I want 2yr old running around and needing care) is kind of taking it's toll on me.

Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 17:01:28

My first and second pregnancies were pretty much identical and nice and easy. I am not good at giving birth though and both ended up in c sections lol

MrsBloomingTroll Wed 14-Sep-11 17:25:07

2nd pregnancy was harder due to having to cope with a toddler.

Labour was half as long, first one was ok anyway. DC2 got into a good position and popped out easily.

Petesmum Wed 14-Sep-11 17:33:30

Maybe 9 intervening years have faded my memory but 2nd pregnancy is much harder. Morning sickness still happening at 25 weeks, extreme tiredness (my age?!) and gestational diabetes worse. Roll on Xmas when Dc2 arrives smile

JambalayaCodfishPie Wed 14-Sep-11 17:58:06

Watching this with interest, my first was a breeze, but that was seven years ago!

This time round, am exhausted and constantly nauseous.

Petesmum Wed 14-Sep-11 18:35:26

DC1 was a boy and this ones a girl. Consensus of opinion at work is that girls give you a much harder pregnancy but are easier once they arrive...time will tell!

MrsBloomingTroll Wed 14-Sep-11 18:40:46

Sorry Petesmum, my DD was much harder work than my DS!

Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 19:43:38

Sorry Petesmum but both my girls were easy pregnancies

PipCarrier Wed 14-Sep-11 19:54:06

I'll echo what others have said, 2nd pregnancy is much harder when/if you're running around after a toddler. My second birth was just as easy and amazing as the first but I have to agree that girls are a lot harder work than boys once they're here!

wearymum200 Wed 14-Sep-11 21:22:07

Found my 2nd preg easier than 1st (prob because I took anti-emetics from 8 weeks, so never got into a hyperemesis hole). Labour also easier, tho' not bad 1st time round. Dd2 was born half an hour after I walked into mat unit (before the midwife got round to booking me in) and we were home 3 hrs later.

Petesmum Wed 14-Sep-11 21:32:25

So my hope that DD will be chilled out, laid back and an angelic darling is looking a touch optimistic! I'll just have to remind her how terrible she made me feel for months when it's her that's pregnant grin

MrsBloomingTroll Thu 15-Sep-11 06:53:17

That's my plan, Petesmum evil grin

LilBB Thu 15-Sep-11 06:59:18

Well I'm 22 weeks in to second pregnancy and this time much harder. With DD I had some sickness which cleared up at 12 weeks and a bit of a dodgy hip. Labour was over 24 hours, she was in a bad position, didn't progress passed 6cm, had the drip thingy and epidural. This time I'm having a boy and this pregnancy has been awful. Hospitalised with hyperemesis, still taking the tablets now. I've had 3 UTIs and been to the hospital with bleeding twice. I'm also having to have weekly physio for SPD. I think so far I've probably been in work for about 6 of the 22 weeks.

I'm hoping the labour isn't worse though.

Nagoo Thu 15-Sep-11 07:02:59

pregnancy was easier as I was far less planet-like, nice compact bump second time.

Birth was 1/8 of the pain of the first time. Lovely and easy and an advert for a third smile

MissBeehiving Thu 15-Sep-11 07:06:16

Horrible first pregnancy and birth - pre eclampsia and shoulder dystocia and 3rd degree tearing.

Great second pregnancy and birth - healthy throughout and an fab elective CS

NoobyNoob Thu 15-Sep-11 07:23:31

First pregnancy - easy peasy, developed OC and was induced, epidural and DS was born after 18 hours.

This pregnancy - nightmare!....she's a girl!

Dozeyland Thu 15-Sep-11 07:38:47

noobynoob can I ask how you got your screen name as
This is also my nickname! smile haha

I really enjoyed being pregnant with my DD, no symptoms
Or anything. Quick labour (intense pain but did it all naturally) and to
Be honest the pain was horrid but easier than I thought. Maybe
Because I was sat on my birth ball the day she was born for like 5hrs before labour started!
It was a brilliant experience even though she was a 8lb9 baby and
Drs said she will be a 6lber! But I found getting her out the easiest. The contractions
Were the beast!

I'm only just 4 1/2 weeks pregnant, so who knows, I may have a whole different
Ballgame waiting for me with the symptoms (hopefully not) I find it very interesting how
Us women all differ. Its such an amazing thing! (Even though the pain is... Horrendous!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now