Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Choice of where to go for booking appt/midwife care

(2 Posts)
elizabethtailored Wed 14-Sep-11 13:58:58

I am in London and have had letter asking me to go for my booking appt in a clinic nowhere near my usual GP?s surgery. It is in the same borough (London) but is not near where I live or easy to get to for me. I would plan to get the tube from work back to my borough and then straight back to work following the appt. It is not on a tubeline and would be a real pain to get to. I am not sure why I am being sent here.

Do people know how much choice I have in where I get to go for this? Can I ask to see all the options of where my booking appt could take place in the borough where I live and then choose which one to go to? It seems odd not to have a service at my GP?s surgery or to be sent somewhere nearer my house.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Pastabee Wed 14-Sep-11 14:14:41

I don't live in London but where i live no one is seen at GP surgery anymore. All appointments save scans are at baby centre type places.

I was able to move to a different location though when I enquired as in turns out I'm in-between two and the day I would be seen at the other place was much more convenient. I'm sure if you ring they will be able to tell you where else you could go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now