Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is it wrong?

(8 Posts)
Rowood Wed 14-Sep-11 11:27:00

Am I wrong to prefer my baby is a boy? My partner seems to think it's the worst thing in the world when I mentioned that I would prefer a boy. We already have 3 boys and a girl between us.

WeLoveHaribo Wed 14-Sep-11 11:29:42

It's not wrong, its just a preferance. It's not like you're going to be able to change the sex once here!

Crosshair Wed 14-Sep-11 11:53:10

I think most people think 'oh I'd like a girl/boy'. Doesnt mean they love the baby any less when it arrives.

natwebb79 Wed 14-Sep-11 12:03:04

I think deep down I was swayed towards wanting a girl at first but as soon as I found out we were having a boy I forgot all that and have been over the moon ever since. I had no idea how exciting boy's things are to buy smile

PeggyCarter Wed 14-Sep-11 12:11:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeggyCarter Wed 14-Sep-11 12:15:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SamWidgiz Wed 14-Sep-11 14:40:37

I think it's normal. To some, however, it's a taboo subject as "you should be grateful you can have children at all".

I wanted a girl the first time, and got one. This time, I really don't mind. But I think if I'd had a boy first I'd be desperate for a girl. It's not a crime to have a preference, you'll love whatever turns up and you'll forget all about your initial hankering.

bmm39 Wed 14-Sep-11 15:30:31

Not wrong at all. I want a girl.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: