Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it wrong?

(8 Posts)
Rowood Wed 14-Sep-11 11:27:00

Am I wrong to prefer my baby is a boy? My partner seems to think it's the worst thing in the world when I mentioned that I would prefer a boy. We already have 3 boys and a girl between us.

WeLoveHaribo Wed 14-Sep-11 11:29:42

It's not wrong, its just a preferance. It's not like you're going to be able to change the sex once here!

Crosshair Wed 14-Sep-11 11:53:10

I think most people think 'oh I'd like a girl/boy'. Doesnt mean they love the baby any less when it arrives.

natwebb79 Wed 14-Sep-11 12:03:04

I think deep down I was swayed towards wanting a girl at first but as soon as I found out we were having a boy I forgot all that and have been over the moon ever since. I had no idea how exciting boy's things are to buy smile

PeggyCarter Wed 14-Sep-11 12:11:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PeggyCarter Wed 14-Sep-11 12:15:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SamWidgiz Wed 14-Sep-11 14:40:37

I think it's normal. To some, however, it's a taboo subject as "you should be grateful you can have children at all".

I wanted a girl the first time, and got one. This time, I really don't mind. But I think if I'd had a boy first I'd be desperate for a girl. It's not a crime to have a preference, you'll love whatever turns up and you'll forget all about your initial hankering.

bmm39 Wed 14-Sep-11 15:30:31

Not wrong at all. I want a girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now