Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Problem with boobs?

(4 Posts)
esandi Tue 13-Sep-11 22:39:10

Hi I am 17 weeks gone and am on my 3rd baby. I am having trouble with my left boob that I did not experience in the last 2 pregnancies, its enlarged considerably more than the other one (yes I know they are meant to get bigger but this is really different) and the areola has stretched again I know this is normal but its more stretching below and much more than the other boob. I above the areola the the skin looks bruised and I am getting a stinging pain under the breast on the left one, its a similar stinging pain to the one I would get when I was lactating. Has my body gone into overdrive and is trying to lactate now? should I express? I have tried to see my MW today but I could not get an appointment to see her and teh surgery wont let me call her work mobile and only give me the central number so I have had to leave a message its very frustrating. Help? x

lollystix Tue 13-Sep-11 22:41:55

Abcess or blocked duct? Seems very early but doesn't sound right. I would call triage.

esandi Tue 13-Sep-11 22:47:09

what you mean call the maternity hospital? x

lollystix Tue 13-Sep-11 22:50:54

Yep - my midwives say to call them for any out of hours concerns. Otherwise I'd call nhs 24 (or direct- can't remember what it's called in England) and ask advice stressing u r pregs. They could get u an out of hours gp appointment if it's starting to really hurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now