Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shaky legs, feeling weak and faint - since 2.30pm

(13 Posts)
ImpyCelyn Tue 13-Sep-11 18:59:06

Plus a fluttery stomach and heart. But not nausea or vomiting, no headache.

I've tried drinking, eating, lying down etc nothing is making it any better.

Can anyone suggest anything to help please? I feel rubbish. DH has sent me to bed but it hasn't changed anything, and for the 1st time in weeks I don't feel tired.

I'm 8.5 weeks btw.

TIA

KellyKettle Tue 13-Sep-11 19:48:32

I've no idea but in your shoes I'd NHS direct.

How are you now?

ImpyCelyn Tue 13-Sep-11 19:54:12

Still weak and shaky. I've just had some dinner, I feel like I'm desperate to eat as much as possible, though I don't feel particularly hungry. I sat up to eat and feel a bit light headed. Anyway, I'll let that go down and see how I feel.

Palpitations seem to have stopped finally, although I feel like I have a fluttery pulse in my wrists, which is weird, so I think I'm imagining it.

I think it might be low blood pressure, but I'm not sure what I can do to bring it up, so I'm hoping dinner will help a bit.

cantsleep Tue 13-Sep-11 20:06:19

you should try and see your gp in the morning just for a thorough check up.sometimes i feel shaky and dizzy if ive been sick a lot could it be something like that?

hope you feel better soon

Canella Tue 13-Sep-11 20:09:08

Go and see a doctor. I had atrial fibrillation during my 2nd pregnancy with similar sounding symptoms and altho it was thankfully not life threatening, it needed treatment.

I'm sure you'll be fine but get it checked out.

ImpyCelyn Tue 13-Sep-11 20:09:27

I've not been sick at all, so it's not that. I'll call the GP in the morning, hopefully I can at least see a nurse for a BP check or something.

ImpyCelyn Tue 13-Sep-11 20:10:37

Oh yikes Canella, I hope it's nothing like that. Hope you were alright once the treatment started.

Thanks for replying cantsleep and Canella smile

cantsleep Tue 13-Sep-11 20:12:15

probably worth it just to check all is ok, really hope it goes well and that you feel better soon theres nothing worse than feeling unwell and anxious as to whats causing it.good luck

NoobyNoob Tue 13-Sep-11 20:18:51

It sounds like typical pregmamcy symptoms to me TBH. I felt like that, and very soon after the sickness started. Now I'm 21 weeks and still get dizzy/faint, just the changes in your body.

I'd get checked out, but I shouldn't think it's anything to panic about.

ThePrincessRoyalFiggyrolls Tue 13-Sep-11 20:19:30

Could it be your iron levels? Lets hope its something simple like that eh smile I had terrible low bp in the early days, so let us know how you go.

ImpyCelyn Tue 13-Sep-11 20:41:16

Thanks all.

I didn't have this with DS - or rather, I did have phases of being dizzy/weak, but it never lasted 6 hours continuously. My bp did keep going down and down last time though.

Hopefully the GP/nurse will say it's all fine smile

BedHog Tue 13-Sep-11 20:44:26

You can increase your blood pressure a little bit by clenching and unclenching your buttocks, and deep, strong, deliberate breathing.

Your iron might be low too - do you have any iron tablets or Spatone, or could your DH cook you some red meat or spinach to give you a boost?

It might just be the pregnancy stage - at 8.5 weeks the brain, heart, spine and other important organs are still developing so your body is working pretty hard. And the baby takes what it needs, leaving you with the leftovers!

Also it might be anxiety - are you worried about the pregnancy or any other issues in your life? Anxiety can have surprisingly physical symptoms.

Probably a good idea to see a doctor in the morning, even if you feel fine by then, just to check everything is ok. Or phone NHS direct if you are worried during the night.

AchtungBaby Tue 13-Sep-11 21:21:45

I had low blood pressure when I was pregnant, and it's what I first thought of when I read your post. I had to sit down when I began to feel odd, and be careful when I was walking up hills etc. It was rubbish, I didn't like going into town etc by myself towards the end of my pregnancy.

I think that you should phone NHS Direct too, then visit your GP ASAP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now