Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sweeps from 38wks to help VBAC chances?

(2 Posts)
jaggythistle Tue 13-Sep-11 18:13:48

Hi,

I was interested to hear from my midwife, that they will do sweeps (if you want to of course!) from 38 wks if you are hopeful of having a VBAC.

I just wanted to know if this was a common thing and if it is a good idea to accept?

I went into labour without induction at 40+7 last time around, had an EMCS at 40+9. Overall impression was that DS was in a funny position and this meant I dilated really slowly. I ended up with drip/epidural followed by the CS. I'm going to try and see my notes sometime to make it clearer what happened.

I am only 7 weeks with no2 so very early days, but it has made me curious!

Any experience/info welcome.

Thanks in advance smile

SinicalSal Tue 13-Sep-11 18:17:31

Well I have pretty much the same history as you - and they gave me a sweep this week @ 40+. Not much discussion about it, though I'm in Ireland and presumably procedures are slightly different but I guess it's all based on best practise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now