Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Boobies

(15 Posts)
Noodles81 Tue 13-Sep-11 11:12:47

Hi ladies,

I'm 19wks tomorrow and so far my breasts have not grown at all. I see pics of Beyonce in the papers today showing how much her boobs have grown already and my friend who is 3wks behind me - hers have defo grown.

Just wondering if this is normal? How come some get bigger and some like mine don't? Will they defo get bigger during the pregnancy, or else where is the milk?

All these pics of famous women and constant comparisons, it's really hard. I just feel like it's 'normal' for my breasts to have grown at least a bit rather than nothing at all.

tinky19 Tue 13-Sep-11 11:32:49

mine never really grew with ds and don't seem to be this time either (28 weeks) we're all different i suppose.

Noodles81 Tue 13-Sep-11 11:38:57

Stupid question - If they don't grow at all, does that still mean you will be able to breastfeed, will there still be enough milk? Or will you have to give up because there is no milk produced?

Scaredycat3000 Tue 13-Sep-11 11:39:52

Anything is normal. Mine grew visibly over night, twice. I was in agony. I went up 4/5 cup sizes. Everything I read said they will grow 2 cup sizes. I've read enough threads on here to say, again, anything is normal! Try not to worry, size and milk production bears no relation.

Scaredycat3000 Tue 13-Sep-11 11:42:41

X-posts, but had answered your question anyway! Try reading the breast and bottle feeding section, good advise on there. It's mostly about supply and demand to have a good supply, so just feed, feed, feed.

licoriceGreen Tue 13-Sep-11 11:43:30

Your milk comes in a few days after birth, big boobs and small boobs all good for breast feeding. Think of the cash your saving on new undies.

Catsycat Tue 13-Sep-11 11:55:50

Size makes no difference to your ability to feed, so don't worry. I only increased in size a little bit before the birth, it was mainly the band size that increased during pregnancy not the cup size. A couple of days after the birth my boobs turned into rock hard enormous footballs, which were also rather red and hot, as my milk came in. So that's something to look forward to grin. Honestly, you have nothing to worry about - your body will know what to do.

zosie24 Tue 13-Sep-11 13:00:12

Hey Noodles!

I'm 39 weeks, and have put on about 2 stone in weight, of which NONE has gone to my boobs! I was kind of looking forward to having a cleavage for the first time in my entire life, but it was not to be. I've been a 36B from day one.

Your milk production properly kicks in 3 days after you've given birth.

The money you save in not having to buy new undies now, you can spend on some fancy nursing bras later. grin well thats what I'm going to do!

SurprisEs Tue 13-Sep-11 13:04:59

Don't worry the size of your boobs has nothing to do with the ability to feed.
My boobs didn't grow during pregnancy last time and not this time so far but I was able to BF last time smile

whizzyrocket Tue 13-Sep-11 13:19:44

At least you don't have stretch marks. Mine would definitely fail the pencil test these days too. sad

Catsycat Tue 13-Sep-11 13:35:37

I could fit most of WH Smiths under mine whizzy!

Insomnia11 Tue 13-Sep-11 13:39:58

We're all different, mine went from 34C to 36D quite early on then 38D by the end, back to 36D while breastfeeding.

My boobs failed the pencil test at the age of 18. I know because I actually did it! Also they are quite uneven- right bigger than left.

woopsidaisy Tue 13-Sep-11 13:43:12

Hi Noodles81.
Your boobs don't "hold" milk,your breasts contain the necessary tissue as such to produce milk when the baby is latched on. That is why the size doesn't matter.
My boobs looked smaller the more pregnant I got due to the fact my belly was huge. I was a 36J by the time I gave birth,going on your theory "size =milk,I could have fed 20 babies! grin
Now I am back to a respectable 32H,blush.

LoveInAColdClimate Tue 13-Sep-11 13:45:40

I am 14 weeks and have had to move from pretty B-cup bras to over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder monstrosities - enjoy being able to fit into your existing bras! I understand it has no bearing on milk production at all so don't worry.

PS I know you can buy pretty larger bras but I don't want to spend a fortune when boobs seem to be expanding overnight...

Crosshair Tue 13-Sep-11 14:51:15

Congratulations on staying the same size! Ive gone from a D to an E and Im only 24 weeks, sick of the extra weight giving me back ache and the cost of new bra's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now