Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Coping with consultant/ anti-natal/ toddler/ work/ long distance travelling/ feeling shit and guilty!

(7 Posts)
tinky19 Tue 13-Sep-11 10:26:56

Hello all,
how do you manage???
DH got a new job when I was 3 months preg with DC2 250miles from where we live. We made the decision that I would travel back and forth until my materity leave started (end of oct) as I work 3 days a week.
I'm high risk preg for a couple of reasons which has meant consultant led care and extra tests/ appointments. I have moved care to where DH is as I have 1 spare week day there but trying to get appointments on that one day is virtually impossible.
I just feel shit. Travelling back and forth 250miles every week, living out of a suit case, poor DS not knowing if he's coming or going.
On toop of that I've been getting constipation followed by diarrhea blush (causing very painful BH like contractions - usually in the middle of the night)
My question is, should I say balls to it this week, stay with DH, get MW and Consultant app done then rejoin the rat race??
I feel like I'm being pathetic as apart from dodgy tummy there is nothing physically wrong with me but it's all getting a bit much.
What would you do???
Sorry this has become a rant now.

Crosshair Tue 13-Sep-11 10:30:40

I would take the week off or however long you need.

tinky19 Tue 13-Sep-11 10:32:03

oh thank you, feel like crying tbh.

Crosshair Tue 13-Sep-11 10:35:03

It sounds like a break will do you good. smile

tinky19 Tue 13-Sep-11 16:12:31

So just been to the GPs who said they can't find anything particularly wrong (well nothing wrong with urine hmm) so didn't write e a letter but did give me a perscription for something to settle my bowels down blush.
I've phoned work and am just going to have to self certify for 3 days. You can do that can't you??

MissRee Tue 13-Sep-11 16:15:10

You can self certify for 7 days hun.

Ria x

tinky19 Tue 13-Sep-11 16:16:03

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now