Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

False negative???

(7 Posts)
Pilchardnpoppy Mon 12-Sep-11 20:59:15

hi, just wondering whether anyone has had a negative pg test, but still happened to be pg? Am 6 weeks late, but have done 4 tests - all neg.

blueeyedmonster Mon 12-Sep-11 21:28:42

I had one the day before i was due on. Just under a week later I took another and it was a positive. My friend didn't find out until she was 8 weeks.

6 weeks late is a long time though have you been to see your gp?

whackamole Mon 12-Sep-11 21:42:03

Yes, I have. I knew there was no way I was pregnant, but I got to 6 weeks late and had taken loads of tests.

Was really annoying, but I got my period the day I took the last one. The disappointment made us start trying in earnest grin

pregnantmimi Tue 13-Sep-11 08:20:54

yes 3 negatives and the doctor wouldnt test me again wanted the blood test but knew I was showed up quite late so never saw midwife till later than I was supposed to

AprilAl Tue 13-Sep-11 12:28:04

I had two negatives, one around the time my period was due and another a week later. The second one made me really angry because I'd been feeling strange for days and just knew I was pregnant. They were obviously wrong!

Got the faintest of faint positives a couple of days later - could only see it if I held it up to sunlight coming through the window, two days after that a nice, obvious BFP grin

idobelieveinfairies Tue 13-Sep-11 18:30:08

Yep-i did. it took about 4 weeks before a faint positive came up. We never used a condom 3 days before my period was due and thought it would be ok......the period never arrived, i had twins 9 months later grin.

Mum2be79 Tue 13-Sep-11 20:35:07

6 weeks for me. I too had a false negative.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: