Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How close together are a baby's hiccups?

(4 Posts)
cupofteaplease Mon 12-Sep-11 19:38:23

I am 35+ weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and for the past week have had a series of movements from the baby that are definite jolts about a second apart from each other. These go on for a couple of minutes. Does this sound like hiccups? I wouldn't have expected them to be so close together, but I've never experienced baby hiccups before!

OverThePond Mon 12-Sep-11 20:20:33

My little one had a case of what I can only assume was the hiccups a couple weeks ago. That sounds about right. Apparently, it's quite common.
I also had a friend who kept feeling a strange sensation like a gasp perhaps. When her son was born she realized he would occasionally take deep breaths and then shudder a bit--it was exactly what she had been feeling but was unable to pin down until she saw it on the outside.

AnyoneButLulu Mon 12-Sep-11 20:23:15

Aww, DD had pre-natal hiccoughs, so sweet. Bit further apart than that as I recall.

thisisyesterday Mon 12-Sep-11 20:23:54

yeah all 3 of mine had hiccups in utero and i was surprised how close together they were too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now