Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

What have you had 'done' up until 16 weeks?.. need to know...

(9 Posts)
sismail Mon 12-Sep-11 19:13:22

Ok, what I want to know from you ladies in the UK is what have had 'done' so far? What I mean by 'done' is (sorry too tired to think of better English!)

how many times have you visited a Dr/MW?
how many ultra sounds have you had?
what, if any, injections/tests have you taken?

and anything else that you can think of that I have no clue about!

I'm asking because I am not living in the UK and I want to compare. I am 16 weeks pregnant, my first baby, and have only seen a doctor once (at 12wks) where I had a quick scan and just told to eat healthy and take multivitamins.
Luckily I have had no complications or pain so far so haven't had the need to see Dr, as it is so expensive to go, and was waiting til I was 4 months at least to go again.
But I am now curious thanks to a visit to a different clinic today where all they did was weigh me and check BP and told me I was 'fine'! So wanna know what I would have had done by now if I was in the UK.
Any info/help/advice would be much appreciated!

melliebobs Mon 12-Sep-11 19:34:09

I'm 17+1 today

When I found out I went to my dr. I was about 5 wks. He did referral to mw

At 7 weeks got sent a booking in appointment

Had booking in appointment at 9 week. BP and urine checked and blood taken. Had to book my own scan

Had my scan at 11 and a half weeks. Weight, height, BMI taken after scan

Had 16 week check with midwife at GP surgery. Waste of time BP and urine checked. In and out in 5 mins. I had to make this appointment myself. She however has made my appointment for 24 week check

My next appointment is at 19+5 for anomaly scan. This appointment was made when I was at the maternity unit when I'd had my 12 week scan.

I also have an appointment in dec for the Anti-D clinic. This was also made in advance after I'd had my scan

That's me to date

hubbahubster Mon 12-Sep-11 19:34:31

Booked in at hospital at 11 weeks - paperwork, blood and urine tests, blood pressure taken, talked to about taking supplements etc.
Scan at 12 weeks.
Midwife appointment at 16 weeks - listen to baby's heartbeat, take blood pressure.

That's it!

sjuperwolef Mon 12-Sep-11 19:39:14

5 weeks - seen doctor
8 weeks - met midwife
12 weeks - scan and offered downs test
13 weeks - booking in

then left alone till 24 weeks <2nd pg> then 28 weeks due back in at 34 weeks <next week!> and im not sure from then..

sjuperwolef Mon 12-Sep-11 19:40:01

oops forgot

20 weeks - scan

so i went 13 weeks bookin gin to 20 week scan to 24 week check up smile

Keziahhopes Mon 12-Sep-11 20:38:34

For me:

5 weeks - saw Gp (did nothing, so need to have gone)
8 weeks - saw midwife, pure paper filling exercise plus urine dip (for protein), blood pressure and blood tests (HIV, rubella and blood group)
12 weeks - dating scan only
16 weeks - see midwife for urine dip, blood pressure and possible check for heartbeat
20 weeks - anomaly scan
28 weeks - same midwife appointment as at 16 weeks

sismail Mon 12-Sep-11 20:43:48

Thanks so much for the replies smile

I feel A LOT better after reading these! I am just so clueless and reading so much info about people having tests for this and tests for that, that I thought I was missing out on something!

My mind can now stop worrying so much.. thank you!

notcitrus Mon 12-Sep-11 21:04:11

Sounds very similar to the UK - I'm on my second pregnancy so had booking appt (talked about preg1, health issues), had blood taken for HIV and some other screening, had 12-week ultrasound, just had 16-week appt which did urine and blood pressure check again and then if I was in good health that would be it. Next one at 20 weeks (would be later for most people).

LikeACandleButNotQuite Mon 12-Sep-11 21:16:40

Im 26 weeks. This is how it has gone for me:

4 weeks: positive result
6 weeks: told docs, they didn't re-test, they notfied midwife
9 weeks: rang to chase up my booking in appt, told I hadn't been referred, so they referred me then.
11 weeks: booking in appt. Midwife visited my home, took blood and urine, b.pressure and gave me info on what to eat/not eat, health advice etc.
12 weeks: got letter for Dating Scan
13 weeks: Dating Scan - weighed me, took more urine, had scan
16 weeks: 2nd appt with MW, this time at docs. She took urine, checked my BP, talked to me about STrep as I'd tested +ve at Booking In, and talked to me about blood types as she told me I was -ve blood and would recommend Anti D injction for protection incase baby is +ve blood. She and I listened to the heartbeat.
20 weeks: Anomoloy Scan - checked health of baby, heart and other organs, measured limbs etc
24 weeks: 3rd appt with MW, at docs, urine, heartbeat and meaured bump. Advised about Flu Jab

Next is
28 weeks: 4th appt with MW to get anti D injections, and have more bloods taken.

Don't know after that as she tends to just tell me what's next each time I see her.
Hope that helps¬!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: