Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would it be very mean to send DH out for chocolate HobNobs?

(14 Posts)
ImpyCelyn Mon 12-Sep-11 19:12:15

I NEED them! Desperately sad

It would be, wouldn't it?

G1nger Mon 12-Sep-11 19:14:21

Of course not! You're taking one for the team - and he must too smile Just don't play the 'card' too often, but once in a while is okay.

wheelshavefallenoffthebus Mon 12-Sep-11 19:14:54

Are you heavily pregnant? If so it's fine wink if you live near me can I have a bag of maltesers please

ImpyCelyn Mon 12-Sep-11 19:25:37

No, not remotely blush I'm 8 weeks. But I've been feeling like death for a couple of weeks now, and I really feel that chocolate hobnobs could be the cure <hopeful>

I can make him get you malteasers as well if that will get you back on my team grin

licoriceGreen Mon 12-Sep-11 19:34:39

Your growing a person and NEED them it would be crule for him not to get them for you smile

ImpyCelyn Mon 12-Sep-11 19:38:24

He's said he'll go after dinner grin hobnobs and maltesers coming up

ZhenXiang Mon 12-Sep-11 19:45:23

Not at all, I ask DH to get me chocolate/treats regularly mind you the shop is only round the corner.

Actually most of the time he asks me if I want anything to save him going out when I get my late night chocolate cravings.

I am only 16 weeks not late pregnancy, but I have to say that during my last pregnancy and this one too so far 8-10 weeks was when I felt at my worst with all day sickness and tiredness so I think you are more than justified to request my favourite chocolate hobnobs grin

ZhenXiang Mon 12-Sep-11 19:45:57

Just read your last post whoo hoo grin

sjuperwolef Mon 12-Sep-11 19:46:37

i done this to dp for chocolate ice cream and mini brownies blush 3 times all in the middle of the night thank god for an all night supermarket 10 mins away grin

enjoy your yummies and feel better soon smile

lipslave Mon 12-Sep-11 19:59:29

This is an entirely reasonable thing to do. If anything, I think you are making it easy for him. I sent my DP out for DARK chocolate digestives last week. He had to go to several shops before he found some grin

But it is fair enough i think. If I had the choice between a couple of extra trips to the 24 hour garage, or the misery-inducing near-constant nausea of early pregnancy, I know which I would choose.

ImpyCelyn Mon 12-Sep-11 20:49:08

Thanks everyone, glad to hear I'm not alone in this grin

I'm waiting for him to bring back the goodies grin

I agree, shopping is much easier than being pregnant! He doesn't know how lucky he is wink

ImpyCelyn Mon 12-Sep-11 20:51:45

Like an idiot I just clicked on a McDonalds related thread - now I'm regretting not ordering a cheeseburger as well blush I don't know what's happened to me tonight.

CaptainNancy Mon 12-Sep-11 20:53:09

It's only unreasonable if they're the milk chocolate ones.

wheelshavefallenoffthebus Mon 12-Sep-11 21:16:38

Definitely fine in your first trimester smile thanks for the maltesers! It's important to satisfy your food cravings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now