Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

worrying again

(7 Posts)
Rainday Mon 12-Sep-11 19:02:15

I'm nearly 6 weeks gone and today I've felt a little periody. I'm still feeling sick and I'm still tired and there's been no bleeding is this normal. It's another week till my first midwife appointment, hopefully I'll be less worried then. This is my first pregnancy and it's taken two years to get here, and I'm 36 so I've spent the last few weeks in a fit of paranoia any advice would be great

icravecheese Mon 12-Sep-11 19:11:10

In all 3 of my pregnancies I felt like I was getting my period from a few days before positive preg test (period due date) up to around 7-8wks (when the morning sickness then kicked in!). I had tummy cramps like I would usually get with a period, the sinking feeling etc. So don't worry - there are masses of threads on here where the majority of ladies confirm period type symptoms in very early pregnancy.

Rainday Tue 13-Sep-11 17:30:40

Thanks for that, I know I'm being paranoid but its a bit like the educated part of myself goes out the window. Things will just be the way they are and I just have to relax (or at least try). Thanks again smile

Poppins27 Tue 13-Sep-11 17:35:56

For what it's worth I felt the same at this stage and then also whilst at my 12 week scan. I mentioned this at the time and was informed that it is common for us to still feel the symptoms of a period around the time that it would be ordinarily due. This conversation was followed by seeing my mini-me performing acrobatics on the screen in front of me!!

AKP79 Tue 13-Sep-11 18:20:12

All sounds perfectly normal to me. Throughout my pregnancy I've discovered aches and pains and changes that no one ever tells you about. I was in a lot of pain for the first 12 weeks, which was all down to implantation and my uterus stretching. There's an awful lot going on in there so I suppose we've got to expect the odd pain here and there! I'm 32 and was told it was likely to be had for me to get pregnant so I think I've over worried about everything. I'm 22 weeks now and still have a daily wobble wondering if all's ok in there! I went for an 8 week private scan, it was the best money I've ever spent, found it really reassuring and very emotional. smile

Good luck and congratulations. x

BedHog Tue 13-Sep-11 20:51:28

It's normal. Your uterus is stretching for the first time, so it's bound to feel a little strange, and being in the same part of your body as 'period activity', that is what it will feel like. smile

themightyskim Tue 13-Sep-11 21:21:51

Ive felt like that too and its so frightening considering how much these babies are wanted but keep your chin up everything sounds pretty normal so far x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now