Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lower abdominal pain?

(6 Posts)
whackamole Mon 12-Sep-11 17:06:45

I'm 34+2 today and have been having really bad abdominal pain, right underneath my bump really. I'm not sure if this is normal and related to baby's movements (has been extremely active today!) or if it could be something else? I don't like googling symptoms but I did and it is very vague.

Feels mainly low down on the right, is ok right now but was really uncomfortable when lying down. This is my second pregnancy but I don't recall anything like this last time.

Am thinking of calling MW but feel a bit daft if it is totally normal!

Pancakeflipper Mon 12-Sep-11 17:10:44

Are you constipated? That can cause horrible pains.

And how is your wee? Are you weeing frequently? Is it a bit stinging? A dark colour? Could you have a UTI - pains in tummy can be a sign of that?

It could be your muscles and ligaments all moving around...

Braxton Hicks?

I think if it is still there tomorrow then call the MW for a chat ( she won't think you are foolish. For now try a tepid hot water bottle and get yourself into the bath tonight and an early night all cosy reading in bed.

whackamole Mon 12-Sep-11 17:30:24

Nope - haven't had constipation thank god! More frequent weeing but nothing sinister from what I can tell.

Think I'll get OH to have a feel (he's much better at feeling what's where than me) and play it by ear, maybe call tomorrow. I suppose MWs always have neurotic mothers calling them for advice on things like this!

G1nger Mon 12-Sep-11 17:32:34

I've started getting pelvic pain (feels like partial dislocations) since my baby started engaging his head. Do you think it could be this?

whackamole Mon 12-Sep-11 18:21:06

Could be G1inger - I am just so unsure! My first pregnancy was a twin one, I was signed off 11 weeks early, had no other children to look after and was scanned weekly and then induced so I feel like a pregnancy novice lol!

Had SPD before, now as well but not so bad, which I'm sure isn't helping. Feels more 'stretchy' and inside than muscular or hip bones though IYKWIM?

G1nger Mon 12-Sep-11 18:29:25

Now bearing in mind that our terminology is all over the place (I describe various sensations as like 'little explosions', 'bubbling', 'tickling', and also 'stretchy', like you), I would say, of course, that if you think the pain/discomfort is exceptional then get it checked out...

I do get a lot of 'stretchy' feelings, and have since around 20 weeks (took me a while to call them this. I was describing the feeling as 'tightness' or like 'feeling really full low down'). I also spent a few days last week with hip/pelvic pain (especially when laying down, and especially on my lower right) that has largely gone as of yesterday and today (but it'll be back soon, I'm sure).

It's just so hard to tell, isn't it! Is your gut instinct telling you to go to hospital (and perhaps ask for a scan, as the best way of telling what's going on), or is it telling you that these are pregnancy niggles...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now