Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks on - do i need to see a doctor?

(7 Posts)
Appleberry Mon 12-Sep-11 15:40:34

I may be pregnant, going to test, do i need to visit a doctor soon if i am pg? or can wait till later on?

mousymouse Mon 12-Sep-11 15:42:19

call the gp reception and ask if you can go straight to the midwife.
the gp would not do anything apart from congratulating you and calculating the due date + ordering blood tests and scan appointments. the mw can do that just as well.

Appleberry Mon 12-Sep-11 15:45:17

thanks mousymouse. I thought so, too.when is the latest i should book appointment with mw?

milkysmum Mon 12-Sep-11 15:45:18

Unless you are ill or there are complications you probably won't need to see a doctor at all. Just book in with the midwife from around 8 to arrange dating scan which will be done around 12 weeks. If your test is positive they won't routiney do another one at the surgery now a days as homes kits are as reliable as the one's they would have. Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

mousymouse Mon 12-Sep-11 15:47:20

as early as possible as the referral to the scan department can take a few weeks.

Appleberry Mon 12-Sep-11 15:48:57

Thanks milkysmum. I didn't want to test any earlier incase i am just late with my period. I think i will book appt around 8 weeks, and i have started taking pregnacare anyway, incase! so i think you are right, no point booking in now. thanks a lot! :-)

Appleberry Mon 12-Sep-11 15:52:46

thanks mousymouse. Will call to see mv in a wk or 2. thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now