Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

5 weeks on - do i need to see a doctor?

(7 Posts)
Appleberry Mon 12-Sep-11 15:40:34

I may be pregnant, going to test, do i need to visit a doctor soon if i am pg? or can wait till later on?

mousymouse Mon 12-Sep-11 15:42:19

call the gp reception and ask if you can go straight to the midwife.
the gp would not do anything apart from congratulating you and calculating the due date + ordering blood tests and scan appointments. the mw can do that just as well.

Appleberry Mon 12-Sep-11 15:45:17

thanks mousymouse. I thought so, too.when is the latest i should book appointment with mw?

milkysmum Mon 12-Sep-11 15:45:18

Unless you are ill or there are complications you probably won't need to see a doctor at all. Just book in with the midwife from around 8 to arrange dating scan which will be done around 12 weeks. If your test is positive they won't routiney do another one at the surgery now a days as homes kits are as reliable as the one's they would have. Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

mousymouse Mon 12-Sep-11 15:47:20

as early as possible as the referral to the scan department can take a few weeks.

Appleberry Mon 12-Sep-11 15:48:57

Thanks milkysmum. I didn't want to test any earlier incase i am just late with my period. I think i will book appt around 8 weeks, and i have started taking pregnacare anyway, incase! so i think you are right, no point booking in now. thanks a lot! :-)

Appleberry Mon 12-Sep-11 15:52:46

thanks mousymouse. Will call to see mv in a wk or 2. thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now