Talk

Advanced search

Snoring (me, not him!)

(10 Posts)
HPonEverything Mon 12-Sep-11 13:54:28

Am nearly 37wks and am having an awful time sleeping (as is my DH) due to my snoring blush. It's just getting worse and worse.

When I'm trying to get to sleep it's like my throat is closing up, and then just as I'm dropping off I'll do a massive snore that actually wakes me up. DH evacuates the bedroom in favour of the spare room after about 30mins in bed.

Is it a 'pregnancy' thing? I'm propping myself on a v-shaped pillow and sleeping in positions I wouldn't normally so I guess it could be down to that. God I hope it doesn't continue, we'll end up getting divorced, it must be so unattractive!

Anyone else care to share their snoring issues?

Africagirl1 Mon 12-Sep-11 15:15:26

TOTALLY. DH has even banished me the spare room a couple of times. Sometimes it's so loud I wake myself up! I think it has something to do with all the extra blood flow in the area as I have had nose bleeds in my second trimester in both pregnancies

Jill72 Mon 12-Sep-11 15:28:13

I am mortified by my snoring!!!

KatyN Mon 12-Sep-11 19:47:23

My DH has found earplugs to be the saviour to our marriage.
I can not believe how loud I'm snoring at the minute.. B A D

BackwardsInHighHeels Mon 12-Sep-11 19:52:30

I know it sounds mental, but using those breathe right nose strips cut down the volume of my snoring so the husbeast could sleep through it.

Worth a try…

Daisybell1 Mon 12-Sep-11 21:06:09

I have the nose strips, plus the stuff you spray in your throat, but to no effect. My OH moved into the spare room at 25 weeks - am now 40 weeks... Its causing me reflux at night, and I think i'm more anxious about keeping everyone else awake on the post-natal ward than I am about the birth!

Flisspaps Mon 12-Sep-11 21:10:51

I used to wake myself up snoring when I was pregnant with DD. I remember waking up with a start one night to see DH pissing himself laughing at me because I'd managed to snore myself awake shock

It stopped immediately DD was born though, thankfully the PN ward didn't have to suffer that!

sleepybump Mon 12-Sep-11 21:32:10

Thank goodness it's not just me! OH is in the spare room, the nose strips didn't work for making me quieter, but they did help me get a better sleep! grin

That's great to hear Flisspaps! I hope it stops straight away with me too! x

whackamole Mon 12-Sep-11 21:38:10

It is completely a pregnancy thing, and BE WARNED can be even more embarrassing!

I had to had surgery following the birth of my twins in 2009, for which they just topped up my epidural.

I woke myself up snoring. In theatre. With the gorgeous anaesthetist telling me it was fine.

Mortified.

blondieminx Mon 12-Sep-11 23:44:25

I never snore normally. I woke DH up while preggers with DD. And then there was the dribbling blush ...it's all glamour this mothering lark! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now