Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

period type back ache

(7 Posts)
Jill72 Sun 11-Sep-11 14:16:11

Okay - having a slight panic - I am 35 weeks, 1st baby. I hve been getting the old familiar period type pains over last few days. Really feeling big and waddling like a duck -tired. Had some SPD like pelvic aches for last 2 / 3 weeks. Is the period type pain common?? Read so many threads where people say it could signal start of labour - think I am panicing!!

p.s off to see Dolly Parton tonight and not feeling too great

supergreenuk Sun 11-Sep-11 14:27:06

Quite normal. However when it comes and goes (lasts a minute goes) then it may be the start of labour.

mumblejumble Sun 11-Sep-11 15:33:44

If it doesn't come in waves then it is probably just baby getting into a better position. Have you had enough to drink? Try lying down for a while on your left hand side.
If you are very worried, you could just go and get yourself checked at L & D.
You are still early at 35 weeks, so should probably get looked at.
HTH

Jill72 Sun 11-Sep-11 16:53:22

Well - gonna risk Dolly tonight. Think it must just be normal - the usual "9-5" of pregnancy!- nothing else is happening - here I come Dolly!!

ChillyCooper Sun 11-Sep-11 16:55:05

If you go into labour tonight you're duty bound to call the baby Jolene wink have fun

Jill72 Sun 11-Sep-11 16:56:24

lol! If it's a boy - Kenny and I will warble Islands in the Stream through labour!!!

Jill72 Mon 12-Sep-11 01:00:16

back from Dolly - panic over!! No mid-concert emergency!! BUT what a gal our Dolly is!!! Second time I have been to see her and she is outstanding! Did manage a bit of a waddle type bop to 9-5 at the end!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: