Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

period type back ache

(7 Posts)
Jill72 Sun 11-Sep-11 14:16:11

Okay - having a slight panic - I am 35 weeks, 1st baby. I hve been getting the old familiar period type pains over last few days. Really feeling big and waddling like a duck -tired. Had some SPD like pelvic aches for last 2 / 3 weeks. Is the period type pain common?? Read so many threads where people say it could signal start of labour - think I am panicing!!

p.s off to see Dolly Parton tonight and not feeling too great

supergreenuk Sun 11-Sep-11 14:27:06

Quite normal. However when it comes and goes (lasts a minute goes) then it may be the start of labour.

mumblejumble Sun 11-Sep-11 15:33:44

If it doesn't come in waves then it is probably just baby getting into a better position. Have you had enough to drink? Try lying down for a while on your left hand side.
If you are very worried, you could just go and get yourself checked at L & D.
You are still early at 35 weeks, so should probably get looked at.
HTH

Jill72 Sun 11-Sep-11 16:53:22

Well - gonna risk Dolly tonight. Think it must just be normal - the usual "9-5" of pregnancy!- nothing else is happening - here I come Dolly!!

ChillyCooper Sun 11-Sep-11 16:55:05

If you go into labour tonight you're duty bound to call the baby Jolene wink have fun

Jill72 Sun 11-Sep-11 16:56:24

lol! If it's a boy - Kenny and I will warble Islands in the Stream through labour!!!

Jill72 Mon 12-Sep-11 01:00:16

back from Dolly - panic over!! No mid-concert emergency!! BUT what a gal our Dolly is!!! Second time I have been to see her and she is outstanding! Did manage a bit of a waddle type bop to 9-5 at the end!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now