Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are these BH? (TMI alert)

(6 Posts)
tinky19 Sun 11-Sep-11 09:10:41

hi all,
I'm 28 weeks today. Yesterday, whilst having a gentle walk round town with DS and DH I got quite strong period type pains and my stomach went hard. It was definately uncomfortable and I had to stop and lean against buildings blush. They weren't particularly regular but happened quite a few times.
The other thing which has altered, is that up until yesterday I have been constipated blush but yesterday I had the oposite problem blush blush,
I also had sharp shooting pains up my fanjo and bum!! Ended up on all fours over birthing ball last night and had to get up a few times with period and shooting pains and sit on loo for a while.
Are these BH? I was never really sure with DS.
Any ideas greatfully recieved.
(sorry about tmi)

HauntedLittleLunatic Sun 11-Sep-11 09:13:02

Sounds like BHs.

an upset bowel can cause them as the bowel irritates the uterus.

Nothing to worry about I don't think unless you have more than 4 in a 1hr period.

sleepevader Sun 11-Sep-11 09:15:39

Yep sounds like BH.

If the pains continue thought and it's really uncomfortable contact you midwife. I do remember having the same though.

tinky19 Sun 11-Sep-11 09:15:53

thanks, will see how things are today.

ducksinarow Sun 11-Sep-11 09:19:24

Could also be urine infection, this can cause irritation to the uterus too.

Another alternative is irritable uterus itself.

Rest, drink plenty and see how it goes, if it continues then it is wise to go get checked out.

outthere Sun 11-Sep-11 09:54:10

I didn't think BH were meant to be painful... uncomfortable yes but painful no...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now