Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else just have a feeling they are going to be early?

(12 Posts)
acatcalledfelix Sat 10-Sep-11 22:27:48

Am 34 weeks with second DC. DS came at 37 weeks. I'm having an ELCS so will be delivered at 39weeks anyway, but I'm just expecting it to be much sooner, and I'm not sure why!

I'm not particularly big, in fact had a growth scan a few weeks ago (all fine) as the mw thought I was too small. And they've put me a week ahead of my dates though I'm sure I was right.

Last night I was trying to impress to DH that we need to get everything ready in the next three weeks (we've done, erm nothing, so far...) as there is a really good change I'll go into labour then.

Am I mad?!

LadyWord Sat 10-Sep-11 22:33:42

No. I went into labour early - not very early, just a week, but early enough to be before my planned CS. I did agonising all-day labour followed by a CS once I was well and truly exhausted the first time - that was what I was meant to be avoiding the second time! And I had a feeling it would happen too.

Just get a basic survival kit together - if it happens DH can run around getting anything you still need / friends can help etc. But if it happens, if you want your planned CS, tell them you want it asap and don't let them talk you into trying for labour.

Bizarrely while people who have a CS often feel they've missed out on a proper birth, I'm still a bit annoyed about missing out on my lovely, calm, fully conscious ELCS!

acatcalledfelix Sat 10-Sep-11 22:45:54

Lady how come you had to go through the whole day of labour before you had your CS? I've said, and made sure it's documented very clearly in my notes, that I want a CS if I go into labour spontaneously, and that under no circumstances do I want MW's trying to persuade me otherwise!

candr Sun 11-Sep-11 11:16:36

I have been told (and felt) that I would be early throughout but have 2 weeks to go and now think I will be late and that the MW and DR were trying to make me feel better as pregnancy has been uncomfertable to say the least.

licoriceGreen Sun 11-Sep-11 11:24:58

My midwife was so convinced I was going to be early that she put my due date on my mat b 1 as 5th of Sept rather than the 15th, I was convinced that I'd be early but I'm still waiting. sad

Purplebuns Sun 11-Sep-11 13:32:50

I am going to be early, I have given the baby a stiff talking to, I figure if I start now then it will get the message (I am 14 weeks) I am not going 13 days over again!

LadyWord Sun 11-Sep-11 15:32:04

felix, I went into labour at crack of dawn, went into hospital, asked for my CS, and then they just kept having other, more urgent CSes to do - and meanwhile they kept saying "well you're dilating... wouldn't you like to try for a natural birth - if it goes wrong we could use forceps!" etc etc. I knew I wanted my CS but as I got more and more knackered I kind of lost the will to argue - but my heroic DP stood up for me at that point. Finally got my CS (and lovely baby) at 6pm.

thejaffacakesareonme Sun 11-Sep-11 19:23:40

DS1 was early and I was convinced DS2 was going to be too. He wasn't. I'll just have to said and see if DC3 is going to be early or late!

acatcalledfelix Sun 11-Sep-11 20:14:31

Bloomin' heck Lady, glad you got what you wanted in the end! They'll get very short shrift from me if they suggest forceps! The reason I'm having an ELCS is because my pain relief and general treatment was so appalling last time (had everything, 6including forceps, and ended up with an EMCS), so there is no way on earth I will let them do that to me again. [and breathe!]!!!!

shonnomanom Sun 11-Sep-11 21:26:51

I knew with my first pregnancy that I would go past my EDD, my dates were spot on but I had a feeling. Dd was born 8 days after.
This time im due 01Jan. And as much as I would love for this baby not to have a festive birthday I cant help but feel its going to be December. It just doesnt seem comfortable to say Im due in January.
Time will tell . . .

Fleecy Sun 11-Sep-11 22:41:15

My first arrived at 37+1 so I was convinced my second would be early too. I went 4 days overdue.

Sorry!

Am now 36wks with no. 3 and, like you, I'm booked in for a section at 39 wks but no idea if I'll make it that far or not.

whackamole Mon 12-Sep-11 12:06:18

This baby is coming early - at 37 weeks please! This puts it on my birthday as well grin

I was induced last time and had the boys at 36 weeks though, so I really have no idea! I am hoping though, 34+2 and I am so uncomfortable, baby as gone breech again, so can't breathe with a head in my ribs and can't stop weeing with my bladder being kicked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now