Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November Babies in Hampshire?

(14 Posts)
BabyAcorn Sat 10-Sep-11 19:52:24

I am due mid November and with it coming suddenly around, I thought I would see if there were any Mummies out there in the Hampshire, Southampton,Portsmouth area? Who fancies a chat smile

outthere Sun 11-Sep-11 11:32:33

Hi BabyAcorn - I'm due at the end of Nov and in the same area... want to be careful about giving too much info though as I don't want my alter ego unveiled!

Where are you planning on having the baby? I'm going to the QA and quite looking forward to it - it looks so much nicer than St Mary's which is where I gave birth last time!

Hope all's going well with your pregnancy... feeling uncomfortable yet?

MamaChoo Sun 11-Sep-11 16:04:21

Me too...

BabyAcorn Fri 30-Sep-11 15:52:21

Hiya

Im going to Princess Anne. Im Whiteley so in the middle of them both! I am starting to feel a little heavier down in the tummy area now, this hot weather is great too! No more rings, watches nothing!

Are you still working?

ALotToTakeIn Fri 30-Sep-11 20:03:24

I'm end of Oct but bet I'll make it as far as November! I'm going to Winchester. Will be 37 weeks on Sunday so fingers crossed bump decides this is full term enough wink

IssyStark Fri 30-Sep-11 21:39:38

Hi! I'm in Soton, 30w with no. 2 (no. 1 has just started primary school) and am due on 11 Dec, so just outside of the November window!

Will be going to the Princess Anne (again) and hoping for a vbac this time around.

I know it feels rotten to be wishing good weather away, but I'll be glad when the weather turns more autumnal!

strawberrypenguin Fri 30-Sep-11 21:54:48

I'm due in November, going to Winchester. I'm another one wishing this weather away, can't wait for it to get cooler again!

cep Sun 02-Oct-11 10:04:53

Hi ladies i'm due aroung the 10th Nov, and live in Fareham area, I'm hoping to have baby no 2 in Blakes again as had such a great experience last time there.

outthere Sun 02-Oct-11 16:18:14

Totally agree about the weather, I'm SO moany it's unbelievable! Poor DH has really had it in the neck recently... Roll on cold days and roaring fires smile

BabyAcorn Wed 05-Oct-11 14:24:31

Ah it's nice to see some Mummies from my area! Yes, those hot days have been getting the better of me I have to say.

Just bought some maternity tights today so roll on those windy days!

Has any one been to see the hospital before the actual day? I don't know if this is a really important thing, or if I shouldn't be that bothered,which is how I sort of feel about it. Also hopefully going to The Grange after, if there's room, anyone been there?

strawberrypenguin Thu 06-Oct-11 16:09:30

Hi BabyAcorn I haven't been on a tour of the labour ward and I'm not that worried about doing so tbh. Winchester do have an online tour on their website though so I'll probably check that out. I've also spent a fair amount of time in maternity outpatients clinics (I have GD so twice weekly consultant appointments) so I've met a lot of the staff already. I think it's really down to how you feel about it as to whether you visit or not. As long as you know where your going you should be fine!

quirkyrae Mon 10-Oct-11 11:29:24

Hello!
I'm 34+3 and planning on going to Winchester. We are going for the tour, hopefully so that it will be less scary when we go there for real! My alter ego is also feeling bashful about location ;) good luck.

ALotToTakeIn Mon 10-Oct-11 15:25:02

DH and I felt really reasured after going on the tour at Winchester. The midwife who showed us round was really friendly and DH got clear answers to practical questions like where do I make a cup of tea and how does the car parking work if you are here for 72 hrs?

1st day of proper maternity leave today and I feel really guilty just sitting around. Bought 2 new books to encourage me to keep my swollen feet up and stop doing stuff. What do you do to keep your mind busy and your body rested?

BabyAcorn Tue 11-Oct-11 10:59:12

Just rang the grange to book a time to come in for a look around and they are now not doing any post maternity beds any more, for you to stay at. Due to cut backs. I am now terrified at the prospect of giving birth, and going home straight away. Help me ladies!! I am feeling so scared !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now