Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 weeks pg with light bleeding - any hope that this won't turn into a mc?

(15 Posts)
Magicrabbit Sat 10-Sep-11 12:27:32

I am 12 weeks pg with dc2. I had a very small amount of bleeding yesterday, nothing last night but light bleeding has started again today. We have our first scan on Monday so I guess I'll have some answers then as to how things are but in the meantime we are faced with a weekend of watching and waiting to see if this develops into a mc or not..

This is new ground for me as i didn't have any bleeding with dc1. Has anyone had similar experience and all worked out ok? (realise I may be looking for false hope).

Thanks.

feekerry Sat 10-Sep-11 12:49:17

hi, no experiance directly but have read quite a few posts where people have some blood around the 12/13 week mark and everything is okay. do you have any cramps or pain??
best of luck for monday- let us know how you get on.xxxxx

Iggi999 Sat 10-Sep-11 12:53:03

I have had bleeding in the first trimester and miscarried, but also had bleeding when pg with my ds (who is now 4 and very much alive!) I'm sorry to say you will just have to wait for the scan to get more info. Hope it goes well for you.

Magicrabbit Sat 10-Sep-11 13:10:43

No cramps or pain at the moment.. Thanks for your responses - I know I just have to wait and see..

MrsRV Sat 10-Sep-11 14:19:38

Hi there, I'm just coming up to 14 weeks, had bleeding at 8 weeks a d had early scan, all fine. Then a week after my 12 week scan started bleeding again. Been in to see Dr this week, baby's heartbeat is strong and fine so no need for a scan they've just told me to monitor and it should trail off. Dr said that the placenta starts to move around this stage which can sometimes cause light bleeding. I'm sure your scan will be fine and that as mine has the bleeding will trail off.

It is a worry though I know! Xx

Crosshair Sat 10-Sep-11 14:24:50

Hope everything goes well on Monday for you.

RickGhastley Sat 10-Sep-11 19:46:54

Fingers crossed for you on Monday.

Just remember, bleeding is not necessarily bad news, infact my Dr says it is not uncommon. I had 4 bleeds in my 1st trimester, one of which was horrific - bright red and clotty (sorry TMI blush)- a certain m/c I thought.

Am now 19 weeks PG and baby fine!

Good luck!

Fresh01 Sat 10-Sep-11 20:06:32

Hi, I wouldn't give up all hope. I had bleeding around 12 weeks with my first two pregnancies. One dd is now 5.5 and the other nearly 4, both happy healthy girls. With dd1 they thought it may have been because my placenta was low lying, it moved up and I had a natural delivery at 40 weeks. With dd2 they identified a blood clot outside the sac the baby was in. They reckoned there was 9mls of blood in it and I would bleed lightly for 2 weeks as it broke down and they were right. Interestingly I had no bleeding with my 3rd pregnancy and it was a boy and haven't with this pregnancy although we don't know the sex yet, 15 weeks to go.

So it can all be fine, best of luck for mon and hard though it is try not to worry, know I how hard that is.

RickGhastley Mon 12-Sep-11 13:47:58

Thinking about you today OP and really hoping you have some good news!

Magicrabbit Mon 12-Sep-11 14:38:12

Hi there,

Just wanted to give you an update after my hosp appt today...

Im sorry to say that is wasn't good news. I've had a missed miscarriage, so the bleeding was the first sign of this. I've still only had light bleeding after 3 days though, and now booked in for a erpc this Thursday. Can't believe how things can change in just a few days - from excitedly expecting our second baby to now being booked for a procedure this week. Very hard to get my head around really.

Obviously me and DP are upset today but I'm trying to think of the longer term, when we can hopefully concieve again and in the meantime we can enjoy time with our DS who now seems all the more precious.

x

MandaHugNKiss Mon 12-Sep-11 14:43:10

So sorry to hear your news, magicrabbit

I had a mmc myself and at the time found the threads here invaluable - a place to vent/rant/and of empthy.

THen, when the time is right, on the conception board there are specific threads for women ttc after a loss...

Really hope you get through the next few days as well as to be expected and lots of good luck for the future.

Crosshair Mon 12-Sep-11 14:43:39

Wishing you a good recovery.

RickGhastley Mon 12-Sep-11 16:26:27

I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news.

I had a mmc myself in March (DC2) and it is utterly devastating, the worst thing that has ever happened to us, especially as DC1 pg had been so easy.

And I wish you lots of luck if you do TTC again when the time is right (we did and it happened very quickly)

Iggi999 Mon 12-Sep-11 18:42:51

So sorry, take lots of time for yourself to heal. sad

marthamay Mon 12-Sep-11 19:12:04

I'm so sorry, this was me four months ago. It's really, really hard and I wish you all the best and hope you have the time to look after yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now