Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Matenity trousers

(9 Posts)
Zoero Sat 10-Sep-11 12:25:43

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to find some maternity trousers but I can only find 100% polyester ones in the shops such as Mothercare and in clothing shops which have maternity sections. I don't really like this material because it is so thin and doesn't keep my legs warm!

Therefore, does anyone know where to buy maternity trousers which are made of a thick wool-based material (or at the least have a lower polyester level)? I don't really want to buy online because I need to try them on really, so if anyone knows of any shops which sell these sorts of trousers I'd be really grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks,
Zoero

Pastabee Sat 10-Sep-11 16:42:32

I think you'd be better to order on line and try on at home. I've found the maternity clothes in the shops are dreadful quality and you are better off ordering two sizes on line and returning one.

Jojo Maman Bebe, Yummy Mummy.com and ASOS are my favourites. ASOS is free delivery and free returns.

Oeisha Sat 10-Sep-11 19:21:44

If you go into your local next, they can order in store for you to try on (just get the reference numbers off the online store). You have to pay upfront, but you can then at least try on when they arrive in store and return any that you don't want immediatly (I did this as they didn't do short-legs in store, only online and I was not willing to sign up for the potential credit check without opening one of their accounts...their T&Cs say they might do this, even if paying by credit card only).
Can't see anything wool on next mind you (mainly polyester blend with cotton). They also don't seem to have twigged that it's going to be autumn/winter soon either...so maybe they'll bring out something wintery soon?!

RickGhastley Sat 10-Sep-11 19:41:34

Are you near a GAP as they are doing a voucher for 30% off at till tomorrow? If you go on the style and beauty threads there is more info there.

Ernie1 Sun 11-Sep-11 00:07:07

Agree online is probably your best bet - I've found Boden maternity, Seraphina and Next quite good. Got some smart black jeans from Boden I'm wearing for work - could you do that? Also got a pair or smart work trousers in Next.

Sandra2011 Sun 11-Sep-11 15:11:58

Not sure if you would consider jeans.

I went through all the possible shops in town but they all just had skinny jeans.

Thank God I found Debenhams... they had some normal boot cut maternity jeans, as not all of us want to wear skinny jeans.
Now -25%.

newartriotstar Sun 11-Sep-11 17:00:18

I'm buying all my maternity clothes on eBay! Maternity wear seems to seem really well so if something doesn't fit you should be able to sell it on easily! I've got loads of trousers and leggings for less then a fiver a pair and that's including postage.

newartriotstar Sun 11-Sep-11 17:00:41

*seems to sell
Urgh!

justabigdisco Mon 12-Sep-11 08:21:07

I bought some from Next which I thought were decent but have gone really scruffy already (cheap)
I got some from Gap this weekend which seem much nicer but they only had one length which is REALLY LONG (and I am 5'6...) but I have turned them up and they are fine.
They arent that thick but nice enough for work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now