Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pate

(8 Posts)
Jill72 Fri 09-Sep-11 17:06:44

I am 35 weeks - is pate still a no go??

BedHog Fri 09-Sep-11 17:08:52

As in that meat paste you can't eat when pregnant? hmm

Jill72 Fri 09-Sep-11 17:09:50

oops!!! yep!!!

inextremiss Fri 09-Sep-11 17:11:54

I only clicked here because I thought you were going to name your baby Pate. You could buy some brie and watch it get softer and softer and, after the birth, you can eat the yummy runny brie.

BedHog Fri 09-Sep-11 17:12:25

Ignore me - I was in the baby names topic - no idea how I jumped to pregnancy!!! grin

I would say the vitamin A probably doesn't matter now, but the listeria risk still does, so if you decide to have it, choose the shrink wrapped kind from the chiller cabinet rather than one that's been festering on a deli counter for days. I'm just guessing though.

BedHog Fri 09-Sep-11 17:13:33

And please don't call your baby Pate!!! grin

Jill72 Fri 09-Sep-11 17:18:30

lol!!! Bedhog!!! I am having a little girl - but if it had been a boy I may well have been tempted!!! Lol

My Dad is sat here craving pate for tea and I am drooling - I will have to stay strong and resist !!

Asturimama Fri 09-Sep-11 17:19:24

Our MW here (Spain) told us that re. vitamin A, you could have a bit of pate once in while, as long as you don't eat it regularly or a whole lot in one go you're fine.

However I agree with Bed Hog, it should be a prepacked one in a tin, can, vacuum pack, etc. rather than the ones on the counter due to listeria. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now