Talk

Advanced search

help! little bit of blood at 40+ weeks

(9 Posts)
lucysnowe Fri 09-Sep-11 13:59:01

Hi

(TMI) just did a bit of a monster poo God help me and noticed a little bit of brown blood from the front when I wiped. Is this anything to worry about? I ask because I tested positive for strep B and have been told to go into hosp straight away if I go into labour. (Section booked for next week.) No blood since but am a bit worried.

Thanks!

stripeywoollenhat Fri 09-Sep-11 14:00:14

phone them and ask. good luck if it's time! smile

licoriceGreen Fri 09-Sep-11 14:02:11

It could be part of your show but call the hospital to be safe x

phlossie Fri 09-Sep-11 14:09:37

I went to the loo and got a 'show', so get it checked out. Good luck!

banana87 Fri 09-Sep-11 14:25:49

I've had brown blood off and on throughout this pregnancy (am currently 29+4) and dr always said not to worry unless its pink or red. What was the consistency of it? Snotty? How much was there? I wouldn't rush to call the hospital if it was just a small streak, but a fair amount with a snotty consistency may mean your plug.

lucysnowe Fri 09-Sep-11 14:25:57

Thanks guys, just rang and they said it might be a bit of a show, but baby not affected by strep b until my waters break so I don't need to worry. Hoping I can wait till next week!

bibbitybobbityhat Fri 09-Sep-11 14:29:10

Why are they giving you a section at 41 weeks?

mumt1 Fri 09-Sep-11 14:57:41

Big chance its the 'show' which is ur cervix beginning to open. So yes quite possibly the beginning of labour. Better get t checked. I had a few spots then a show at 40+9, but was getting induced day after so I left it and when I got checked my cervix had already started dilating. So get it checked! Good luck! X

lucysnowe Sat 10-Sep-11 10:54:41

bibbitybobbity - because my DD came at 42 weeks and I'm having a section for previous obstructed labour, rather than any current conditions. Hope I can wait that long! :-)

Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now