Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ultrasound scan...1 hour later...bleeding ??

(20 Posts)
mumt1 Fri 09-Sep-11 13:20:02

Hey just been for my 2nd ultrasound scan as been having pains, was estimated to be just 7 weeks along, saw a heartbeat... It was rly quite painful when she was pressing on my belly. I got home and there was some dark blood on my pants and when I wiped. I'm really confused its first time iv bled in my pregnancy and I have a 2 year old already and never bled with him .

IssyStark Fri 09-Sep-11 13:31:45

Dark blood is fine and is probably just stuff from your implantation bleed that was dislodged by the pressure of the ultrasound pressing down and joggling you about. dark blood is nothing to worry about. It is only bright red, fresh blood that is a cause for concern.

Slightly off-topic, I'm suprised she didn't offer you a transvaginal scan as that early on they are better for seeing what's going on and are, imho, much more confortable than having a full bladder and being pressed down on (I've had so many early scan both with this pregnancy and with my son due to lots of early miscarriages and they'll always been transvaginal).

mumt1 Fri 09-Sep-11 13:36:03

I have no idea, I'm just leaving it a few hours and will check it, it was dark on my pant n when I wiped it was like a light pinky colour. I'm having quite a bit of pain now. Just confusing me as its one thing after another, firstly they thought it was ectopic, then there wasn't a heartbeat, and now bleeding. When will I get to just relax lol xx

PamBeesly Fri 09-Sep-11 13:39:01

Hi mumt1, I had a bit of bleeding, at 13 weeks, but the advice given to me was to go and rest and try to lay down on my left side. Is this possible for you today?

mumt1 Fri 09-Sep-11 13:53:16

I never get to relax, just started a paramedic diploma course, got a 2 year old and a partner who refuses to clean anything so I'm constantly having to clean after him and wt not. I very rarely get to relax feel completely drained to be fair. But he just says I'm being stupid as its to early on to feel tired n worn out. Thanx for the advice tho...will try to at about 9 o'clock tonight xx

Pancakeflipper Fri 09-Sep-11 13:58:36

I had bright red bleeding that require sanitary towels during both my pregnancies for several months. Every loo visit was with dread. Both babies came along fine.

I know they say that getting your feet up abit more often and taking it easy isn't scientifically proven to help in pregnancy. But in my first pregnancy I found I bled after I had done something pretty physical. And our Dr said it's all they can recommend.

You need to retrain that partner though. Or arrange to have a barn built for him with a trough for slops.

PamBeesly Fri 09-Sep-11 14:02:12

mumt1 your partner has to pick up the slack now, and you need to rest as best you can, take no c**p from him, tell him its your health and the health of the unborn dc. Prioritise yourself, at 7 weeks I was wrecked and I've no other dc to look after just working a good bit. Take care of yourself, because no one else will

mumt1 Fri 09-Sep-11 14:07:21

Haha thanx! Put my mind at ease a bit! And as for the partner don't get me started. He doesn't even pick up his dirty washing! I'm only 21 and I feel that exhausted its ridiculous, cnt even tell him how I feel he just says I'm silly! I was at college for 9 hrs the other day, gt bk at 6 at night and house was a mess!!! He didn't lift a finger all day! Infact he laid in bed and watched films all day, I came home and didn't get to sit down till half 9 as I had to clear up the mess he made! He says we live in it so not a show home but I hate mess.

FootprintsOnTheMoon Fri 09-Sep-11 14:11:07

Wanker.

First trimester is the worst for tiredness.

In fact, I rounded off my first first trimester (i.e. Dc1) having to spend a week in hospital on an IV drip before I was considered strong enough to discharge.

Hope all turns out well for you.

mumt1 Fri 09-Sep-11 14:24:05

Thankyou! Yes I definatly agree first trimester is the hardest! X

PamBeesly Fri 09-Sep-11 14:55:52

mumt1 you are being a martyr get the lazy toad of his arse and cleaning up for you, he should have the place nice and tidy and supper on the table for you when you get in, thats what you deserve. He won't change until you tell him he has to! Good luck with the pregnancy and that bleeding should stop soon, rest if at all possible.

Peachy Fri 09-Sep-11 15:00:41

Your partner is a knob. Sort it now before he gets worse! What if you were sick and he had to care for two children?

Otherwise, hope all is OK, don't panic but if you get worried call GP, that's what they are there for.

EricNorthmansMistress Fri 09-Sep-11 15:34:41

Why are you having another child with this knob? (sorry)

Hormonal changes mean that the first trimester is the worst for tiredness. You need some TLC and lots of help but your 'partner' seems to expect you to be a cross between a housekeeper and a machine. He sounds like a catch hmm

mumt1 Fri 09-Sep-11 16:44:07

Lol! Well it wasn't planned and I'm against abortion but I have been considering it. Just rly struggling. Yep he thinks I'm a robot! X

Peachy Fri 09-Sep-11 16:50:43

If you ditched the baggae (sorry, partner) tehre'd be one less person's workload to cope with AND the chance of meeting a decent human being.

don;t let coping with him force you into an abortion you don't want, ditch the actual cause of your issues* instead. Especially as you are studying, most coleges / unis are well kitted out to help single parents these days.

* that doesn't mean don;t have a termination, just don't let him force you into one.

PamBeesly Fri 09-Sep-11 18:09:04

Aww mumt1 you are struggling with him, easier to say tell him do this and do that, if you have a real good talk with him (not that you should have to, he should be automatically doing his bit and more now you are pregnant) and he still doesn't budge I'd be inclined to agree with peachy, ditch the baggage, or at least throw him out for a while until he cops on a bit. You are only 21 you shouldn't be taking care of another adult, a little girl and trying to stuff all your course work in when you are pregnant. He should buck up, you deserve more.

mumt1 Fri 09-Sep-11 18:48:23

Thank you. I've tried talking to him and he just says that because he works he's not gotta do anything. He uses things against me because obviously iv not got the time to work, with college and being the main parent for our 2 year old

PamBeesly Fri 09-Sep-11 19:08:10

How old is he? Actually scratch that its irrelevant because no matter what age he is he is being such a lazy bastard. Honestly mumt1, do you think you deserve more because this chap treats you disrespectfully, how will he manage the crying baby at night, night feeds and changing nappies?
Don't allow him to continue like this, just because he says he works and he hasn't got to do anything, doesn't mean this is true. He doesn't have to do anything only if you allow him get away with it. What would happen if you cleaned and washed yours and DD's clotes, dishes and cooked dinner for just you wo and left lazy arse's there for him? Would he do it then????
7 weeks was when the exhaustion and morning sickness got bad for me, don't listen to any of his crap now and think of yourself.

mumt1 Fri 09-Sep-11 19:48:34

Well if I leave it for him to do it doesn't gting done. He just orders himself a takeaway or something.and the mess...he wnt clear up if I leave it, his parents house is discusting and he wud literally leave his washing till he has no clean clothes left! Really is driving me mad. He's 21. I'm gonna have to have words with him again! Especially with this bleeding and cramping. Cud be a warning sign or something, as I have been extremely busy with no relaxing past week xx

PamBeesly Fri 09-Sep-11 21:34:22

mumt1 whatever happens take care of yourself. Just because your OH has a filthy family home doesn't mean he can do the same in yours. Take care x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now