Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breathlessness/Early pregnancy

(6 Posts)
saltyair Thu 08-Sep-11 20:28:24

Hello. I am 9/10 weeks and have, for the last few days been finding I am getting really breathless, after even very mild actvity (like walking up the stairs at work, or hoovering the kitchen). Is this something connected to the pregnancy?
Thanks in advance

Eglu Thu 08-Sep-11 20:30:42

I had this in early pregnancy this time. Not with my first two though. My mw said it was normal.

casperella Thu 08-Sep-11 20:32:44

Agree with Eglu, completely normal - I had it with first and current (third) pregnancies. Am currently 14 weeks and it seems to be here to stay - got out of breath walking up stairs to put DS to bed tonight, and had to have a wee break before reading his story.

Annoying but not harmful or so I've been led to believe!

melliebobs Thu 08-Sep-11 20:52:51

I'm 16 weeks and noticed it in the past 2 weeks. Mainly going upstairs/walking up hills. During pregnancy your blood flow increases which puts more effort on ur cardiovascular system so at least there's a reason why it happens

Empjusa Thu 08-Sep-11 20:57:21

I'm 10 weeks and get it. It's really annoying isn't it?

saltyair Thu 08-Sep-11 20:58:01

Thank you. I won't worry about that then...gives me more time to concentrate on the constant nausea! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now