Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Warning: Mums-to-Be having a little girl ;)))

(13 Posts)
Beesok Thu 08-Sep-11 17:47:53

do not enter Zara smile I had to force myself out of there! So many adorable things for this season in lots of colours other than pink! My favourite orange, forest greens, grey and brown combos.......

I actually had to stop myself from buying a coat (was thinking of getting one for 24-36 months as a baby would be uncomfortable in it) What was I thinking? 2 yrs? blush
But did buy a top for 18 months grin

That's it - I am not going near baby clothes shops any more!!!

MumToSophie Thu 08-Sep-11 18:53:28

Haha why did I read this, now I want to go to Zara!! I already have an almost 2 year old dd and another on the way, they could both do with a few new outfits smile

mumblejumble Thu 08-Sep-11 20:07:27

Oh no! I have one dd, and 3 ds's. I always swore I wouldn't be one of those mums that bought too much for their little princesses, but now, even with my austere habits, I have joined the ranks.
I am having another boy, but every time I look at baby things, I look at and purchase things for my daughter. To make things worse, she opens everything and puts it against herself, and makes oooh and aaaah noises. She is not even 2 yet. blush
Off to look at Zara on-line now. Damn it.

goodnightmoon Thu 08-Sep-11 20:12:35

glad to hear it because i'm expecting a girl and am boycotting pink wherever possible.

harassedandherbug Thu 08-Sep-11 20:39:45

I have a 5yr old dd, two older ds's and am expecting another boy. Zara is dangerous to a girl mum!!!

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Thu 08-Sep-11 20:47:41

awesome....have been worried about working my way through so much bleurgh girlie stuff for DD1 to be, having done very nicely with DS for the last 3 years (not as much range but not as much shite) and DH is getting a pay rise just before I'm due....I'm off to look online too grin

Sunshinecurl Thu 08-Sep-11 20:54:13

I don't think the attraction needs to be limited to girls. Have you seen their baby boys' stuff? Gorgeous :-)

Beesok Fri 09-Sep-11 00:20:58

Phewwww thank God it's not only me!!! smile Although I don't mind some pink stuff for babies I do have a broader colour palette so yeah - Zara is great for that....I also popped into Gap and must say here the boys' stuff was much cuter - in fact I almost bought a knit that is intended for boys but am pretty sure a girl can pull off smile

Although they did have a red/black/white collection a few months ago and I must confess I bought a few things blush

For those looking for non-pink/non-blue kids clothes I highly recommend COS - they have fantastic stuff but from 6 months or 12 months onwards - my friend dresses her girl there and I have sometimes have wardrobe envy ;) and comparing to the likes of Bonpoint etc they are v. reasonably priced, also French Connection - cutest dresses e-v-e-r for girls!

My name is Beesok, and I am a baby clothes' addict smile

Beesok Fri 09-Sep-11 00:25:53

Just to add I am alos obssessed with hanging her little outfits on matching white hangers smile got some really nice ones for a steal on ebay and when I showed my MW her closet she said "It looks like a shop!!" as in colour-coordinated etc ;) in my defense I am on M/L and have a lot of spare time blush

Beesok Fri 09-Sep-11 00:26:22

*obsessed smile

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Fri 09-Sep-11 07:55:57

Gap do make the cutest boys clothes, DS was purely in Gap for quite a while because ALL our friends loved shopping for boys in there - winter especially they have such gorgeous jumpers. I have kept some for DD even though they're for boys cos they're lush

NoobyNoob Fri 09-Sep-11 08:07:54

We found out on Tuesday that we are expecting a little girl, and after having my little boy in 2010, that is ALL I keep looking at!

I went into Mothercare yesterday, and they had these beautiful little winter outfits, all pink and lovely!

4madboys Fri 09-Sep-11 08:23:45

ooh lovely i am going to town this afternoon shall have a look!

i bought a dress and a knitted jacket from boden last night as they have 20% off!

having a girl after four boys is such fun when clothes shopping, my dd is much better dressed than i am blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now