Talk

Advanced search

very high nuchal fold ... what next?

(4 Posts)
comberbird Thu 08-Sep-11 13:49:59

hello all. had first scan on Monday and nuchal fold measured 10mm: off the scale bad I know. Am searching for anyone who has had such a poor reading and a happy outcome or some insight into what happens next? Have now had three CVS (!!!) and hope to have conclusive results tomorrow. Poor little mite has obvious fluid around tummy too as well as large nuchal fold and consultant suspects Turners sydrome [know it is survivable btw but not sure I could cope]. Am wondering what happens if my CVS comes back ok? I dread the long process of testing and waiting which may inevitably lead to a termination anyway.

Mouseketool Thu 08-Sep-11 14:17:20

So sorry to hear this

Have a look on the antenatal tests board here

Cherrybug Thu 08-Sep-11 14:25:41

I second Mouseketool - if you post on antenatal tests board you'll get lots of advice and information from people who know exactly what you're going through.

ARC are a charity that are also really helpful and knowledgeable - if you google you'll find them.

Really sorry to hear you've been told this - it's a horrendous thing to go through. Take care x

comberbird Thu 08-Sep-11 14:30:10

thanks all. will try the other board and have contacted ARC by email too. Support so welcome smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now