Talk

Advanced search

Someone please slap me for worrying ALL the time!!!!!

(4 Posts)
Kimmie30 Thu 08-Sep-11 13:25:08

Hey everyone,
Be prepared for a long rant!! I think i maybe going insane with worry and need a slap. Let me start from the beginning!! I am now 32 weeks pregnant with my 4th child. Hugely excited! When i was 5 weeks pregnant my eldest daughter was rushed into hospital miles away from our home with a rare brain infection. She had 3 major brain ops and we were told numerous times to be prepared to say goodbye. However she made the most AMAZING recovery and is even back at school this September. I spent along time with her in hospital while my husband stayed at home with our boys aged 8 and 3. Obviously it has been a huge strain on us and i spent the early part of my pregnancy not even thinking of eating right or the health of my unborn baby. However the little bean stuck where he was (there must be a god) and at both 12 and 20 week scans we were told we had a healthy baby smile In fact at my 20 week scan we were told it is a boy and a little chunk!! However at my 28 week appointment the midwife measured my uterus and it hadn't grown at all since week 25 and had dropped of the custom made growth chart so she sent me for a scan which turned out to be fine. He is above the 50th centile and estimated weight was 2lb 11ozs which is good for 28 weeks. Last midwife appointment at 31 weeks i was measuring 30 weeks so no need for concern BUT what bothers me is i haven't put on any weight since 24 weeks pregnant. I was 9st 2lb at my booking weight and 9st 10lbs at 17 weeks and then steadly gained weight to 24 weeks when i weighed 10st 1lb. Since then i still weigh 10st 1lb 8 weeks later and it is absolutely terrifying me that the baby isn't growing properly. I KNOW i am being completely irrational but since nearly losing my daughter i feel like my whole life has been turned upside down and that nothing good is going to happen. I have it in my head that something is going to be wrong.
It doesn't help that with the fact i can't eat much. I don't eat enough calories for a women who isn't pregnant let alone one that is. It isn't because i don't want to it is just that it comes back up if i do. I was able to eat during morning sickness as it made me feel better when that went i ate really well til about 20 weeks then at 20 weeks my appetite went and i started to be sick if i ate meals and had extreme heartburn. I have told my midwife and she seemed unconcerned (so clearly i should be unconcerned) she just said i could be one of the lucky ones who is thinner straight after birth than before pregnancy. I went to the doctor who prescribed me Gaviscon which hasn't helped with that much. She just said that as long as i am taking my vitamins i should be fine and not to worry. All i manage to keep in me everyday is a bowl of bran flakes and glass of apple juice for breakfast. Maybe wholemeal toast at lunch or beans on toast or soup and just toast or cereals for tea and snack on grapes and apples all day as they make me feel better. Occasionally i manage to eat meat. I can't stand anything sweet, spicy or with any flavour and i can't take anymore volume of food as i am just sick. Please someone reassure me that i am not starving my baby.
aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that feels so much better just to get it of my chest....now who wants to give me a slap???

themightyskim Thu 08-Sep-11 13:31:58

you dont need a slap you need a big hug for coping with all of that and not being insane!!!

Cant pretend I have answers for you but I did read about someone the otherday with pregnancy long morning sickness and there were lots of reasuring posts about babies health and not being able to eat so from my little knowledge, no your not starving your baby, you are eating at least and everything helps, my brief encounters with midwives would also suggest that they are the first to put the fear of god up you if they can so if she isnt worried then Id be taking that as a very good sign x x

Kimmie30 Thu 08-Sep-11 13:35:04

Oh thank you so much for your reply. I think i just needed to get it off my chest as it has been consuming my mind 24/7. I need to step away from google as well before i end having a nervous breakdown smile xxx

themightyskim Thu 08-Sep-11 13:41:59

ha ha I agree on the google, im driving myself insane, go and pamper yourself and try to relax, more relaxed you are, more relaxed your baby is, everything else will fall in to place, and we already know you have a fighter in there x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now