Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when does this lovely glow start :(

(20 Posts)
popcornchicken Thu 08-Sep-11 09:40:08

I am nearly 4 months and have not got any glowing or lovely thick shiny hair yet. just a collection of little spots on my chin anybody else got this.

thegingerone Thu 08-Sep-11 09:50:19

Ha! You were tricked into believing that too!!

Seriously most people do get a glow, but mine is currently only the glow of wearing better make up to compensate for the pallid/dry/greasy/spotty skin. I have no solution yet for my hair.

This is baby 3 for me and I did glow a bit at about 20 ish weeks in prev pg. TBH I seem to get compliments when I'm feeling content and happy (and wearing my new No7 mascara!!) Physically I'm looking pants but when I smile......

licoriceGreen Thu 08-Sep-11 09:51:04

Sadly I do, still.... I'm 39 weeks

cherryjellybelly Thu 08-Sep-11 09:57:38

I got told I looked rough for the first 20 weeks ( I know, rude!) but by the 3rd trimester I found the glow smile there is still lots of time to get it!

AKMD Thu 08-Sep-11 10:00:11

Ha! The 'glow' is a big fat lie, sorry. All I got was spots and I didn't ntoice my hair getting thicker until 3 months after DS was born when it started falling out in clumps again. DH kep moaning that it was worse than having a cat around the house! grin

AngryBeaver Thu 08-Sep-11 10:01:46

I don't glow..I fester

Marrow Thu 08-Sep-11 10:04:21

About five years after giving birth when they start school!

dribbleface Thu 08-Sep-11 10:18:13

think you either wilt or bloom in pregnancy, i'm a wilter! although was told this time i looked well where as with DS i looked rough for the whole time!

benne81 Thu 08-Sep-11 10:42:52

14 -31 weeks for me

Sprite21 Thu 08-Sep-11 10:57:50

My sympathies but glad I'm not the only one who gets inappropriate comments during pregnancy. It's hard enough, give us a break!
My mother was begging for belly photos as she lives in the states and when I sent some her response was 'you look tired'.
Thanks mom! Just what I wanted to hear.

MrsHuxtable Thu 08-Sep-11 11:12:30

Still waiting for the glow at 18 weeks. I do however have massive horrible teenager acne spots on my neck and back. I'm disgusting sad

feekerry Thu 08-Sep-11 11:39:47

I'm waiting in hope. As well as the spots i've developed at thick layer of bum fluff hair all over my back and tummy and chest. Nice

sjuperwolef Thu 08-Sep-11 11:44:43

i glowed with dd the whole way thru <smug git>

not so much this time - nails are dodgy, a few spots have occured and im knackered. oh and a mild beige colour has taken over my skintone..

HPonEverything Thu 08-Sep-11 12:47:55

My glow hasn't started yet and isn't likely to now. My skin looks just awful, and I look so tired even though I'm sleeping about 10hrs a day.

I've heard a 'tale' that a glow means you're having a DD, and looking like crap means it's a DS, so I'll wait to see if this proves right for me!

ceebie Thu 08-Sep-11 12:59:04

Mid-second trimester last time round for me. It was great not having to wash my hair so often - it was in lovely condition!

13 weeks now and waiting...

sjuperwolef Thu 08-Sep-11 13:02:41

hp - i glowed with dd and am now not glowing with a ds - there may be truth to that saying..

PinkFondantFancy Thu 08-Sep-11 15:30:38

32 weeks for me, when I packed in work. Turned out it was work rather than the pregnancy that was wilting me....

G1nger Thu 08-Sep-11 19:08:20

I don't think I've wilted or glowed. I haven't had any better or worse skin (although my hands have been a little dry). My hair looks the same, too. I don't really know what 'glowing' is meant to look like. Isn't it just something they say to make us feel a little less frumpy? I've been told by a couple of people that I've glowed, but what would they know, hey?

madmomma Thu 08-Sep-11 22:16:00

I'm on baby 3, and find I look like shit until about 25 weeks, then it all comes together and the hair, skin and body (in clothes) all look good. Until about 38 weeks, when you start to look very pissed off and ridiculously huge. HTH

popcornchicken Sun 11-Sep-11 19:12:52

ha ha im glad im not the only one then yayy :D x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now