Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks all blooming night!

(5 Posts)
dribbleface Thu 08-Sep-11 07:26:26

hi. Am 36+2 with dc2. been awake on and off all night with Braxton hicks for the 2nd night in a row. anything i can do to ease\reduce the number of them (i already know the answer to this but clutching at straws as so tired )? sure it's not early labour but they are very uncomfortable annoying.

MrsCLH Thu 08-Sep-11 07:41:54

Dont have any advice really, just wanted to say that I literally feel your pain. 37+2, crap night's sleep due to braxton hicks. Bump was a solid, rock hard mass all night long!! comig to the conclusion that if I eat a big meal it makes it feel worse and I went out for dinner last night and stupidly ate a whole pizza! Think i'll be on a bowl of soup tonight!

dribbleface Thu 08-Sep-11 07:44:45

sorry your suffering too but it helps to know it's not just me! mine seem to get worse if i eat lot's so maybe a smaller meal might help, will give that a try i think!

Misty9 Thu 08-Sep-11 11:58:12

smaller meals might be worth a try - also, dehydration can cause BHs so are you drinking enough water? I try to get 2litres up til 8pm, then just sips otherwise I'd be going to the loo even more than I currently do in the middle of the night! Otherwise, I think it's par for the course at this late stage...I'm 40+3 and get BHs a lot.
HTH

dribbleface Thu 08-Sep-11 12:00:15

ohhh hadn't thought of dehydration thingy, but i know i don't drink enough. also last few days my ice cube cravings have stopped so whereas i was eating about 90 cubes a day (and subsequent water content) i'm not!

Off to drink more now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now