Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ow ow ow I literally can't move

(9 Posts)
RealityVonCrapp Thu 08-Sep-11 07:01:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rubyslippers Thu 08-Sep-11 07:03:36

Don't get in the bath unless someone is there to help you get out!

sPD can be very painful but deffo mention this to your MW

RealityVonCrapp Thu 08-Sep-11 07:08:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MultipleSoManyPapercuts Thu 08-Sep-11 07:16:22

Sounds like SPD, I've had it since 18 weeks but has really cranked up a notch now I'm 38+5. Definitely need help getting out of the bath, when you're lying down make sure you have plenty of pillows between your legs. Try and avoid anything that involves twisting.

Has your baby engaged? I found my spd got worse when he engaged.

Definitely mention it to midwife, she may be able to refer you so you can get support belts and crutches to help you around for the last few weeks.

Good luck, hopefully you'll have your DC soon

Woodifer Thu 08-Sep-11 09:45:09

With my SPD I have to lie exactly on my side, with my knees in line, with a cushion/pillow between my knees. I sit on the edge of the bed and place the cushion between my knees then basically roll a bit painfully to lieing down while keeping my knees and legs in line (knees still bent). If this is too painful ...

If you can arrange yourself in an arm chair propped up by cushions, maybe with your feet on a foot rest and get tucked into a duvet, it might be worth sleeping sitting up?

megansmummy1 Thu 08-Sep-11 10:23:41

I second mentioning it to your midwife. i am 38 wks and my SPD has got a lot worse in the last week, i have had to go back to physio for crutches so i can get out the house and am also having trouble sleeping with the pain. Personally, i have put the worsening symptoms down to baby dropping down. My physio told me that if I am at the point of crying with pain and am struggling with day to day life, they will induce from 38 weeks HTH

catgirl2 Thu 08-Sep-11 10:30:21

Am in the same boat - 38 +1 and cannot walk about - it's mainly one side that's very weak and painful. So frustrating! I get bored very easily so just sitting / lying around all day is proving challenging!

Also have crutches but trying not to go far for fear of making it worse! Yes do make sure you get help getting in / out of bath. Not long to go - hope you feel better soon.

MissusTulip Thu 08-Sep-11 11:43:38

ow ow ow! Poor you, hope the bath has helped sad

I know it's hard if you can't get comfy but rest as much as possible and if DH is still home, get him to set you up for the day as far as poss - flask / thermos of tea, food, snacks, boredom relievers, painkillers, other drinks and phone all close to hand so you don't have to get up and about and be in agony for mundane things!

An ice pack can be v good for front of pelvis pain, ditto for back pain or a heat pack might work. Lots of supportive cushions round back if sitting, pillows if lying. One good tip is to lie on a duvet folded double in bed? Some people swear by sitting on birthing ball. I can't sit in bed with legs straight - it really worsens the Symphysis pubis pain and 'lotus' style hurts everything. Putting a pillow under you bent knees if lying sitting up can help tho.

You can and should take painkillers, I'm sure you are sensible enough to already be hitting the paracetamol! If that doesn't work, try OTC cocodamol, GP can prescribe stronger cocodamol if that doesn't work.

Work getting a UTI ruled out too as that would give you bad insidey pelvic pain and make your BH worse (been having lots of BH nad that's the first thing they wanted to check).

good luck, hope you don't have long to go x

(still only 33 weeks here envy SPD sucks ass)

harassedandherbug Thu 08-Sep-11 12:27:39

I'm 25wks and on crutches already with spd. Def mention to your mw, and ask if they have some crutches you can use. They really help!

Try and ice pack on your pelvis, if you can reach wink.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now