Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Naughty baby, wriggling the wrong way.....

(4 Posts)
mumblejumble Wed 07-Sep-11 21:17:00

So I went in to be checked because I thought I was leaking water last night, and apparently baby was fine but was breech.
Today I had a consultant's appointment and again everything ok, but now baby is transverse. Two weeks ago, was also transverse. So it seems he keeps moving from transverse - breech - transverse. I have had two c-sections before, followed by two vaginal deliveries, and obviously am keen to have another vag delivery. But also don't want to take risks.
I am doing everything I can to get baby to turn (apart from headstands confused), but I am worried about if the baby doesn't turn. Especially considering the slow slow leak. Apparently there is plenty of amniotic fluid, but I know it was a little leak, I have a little each morning.
I have a pain on the left hand side, which is sometimes very sharp, is this when he tries to turn?
Are my chances of uterine rupture increased?
I know that if my waters went with a gush, there is a high risk of cord prolapse.
Ooops, almost forgot, am 32 weeks now so also worried about running out of time, especially with slowly leaking waters. I keep thinking the less amniotic fluid there is, the harder it will be for baby to turn.
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Katiebeau Thu 08-Sep-11 09:17:58

Bump. I'm sorry I can't help but perhaps someone out there can. Good luck mumble.

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Thu 08-Sep-11 10:00:31

If you know you have alot of fluid have you been diagnosed with polyhydramnios?

If you have too much fluid it becomes too easy for the baby to turn and that is why you are experiencing him changing positon so regularly. Mine changes from hour to hour from head down, to transverse, to breech and back again.

So technically if you are losing some then he may well turn head down and may well be able to stay put.

Are they not concerned about your leaking waters? Antibiotics? you are still relatively early if things did go with a gush so make sure you do get there asap - I have been advised to call an ambulance.

whizzyrocket Thu 08-Sep-11 10:39:08

I can't help either -except to echo coconuts in saying I'd be concerned about leaking waters- but I thought I'd add my penny's worth of sympathy especially as I'm at the same stage and also worrying about babe being breech.

Good luck with your baby and keep us posted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now