Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

induction looming - can I be prepared?

(4 Posts)
MrsCLH Wed 07-Sep-11 10:59:15

Hi ladies, am potentially being induced next week at 38 weeks due to type 1 diabetes. They're going to do an internal exam first to check my cervix and see how well im likely to respond to an induction at that stage and if its still hard (obs said carrot like!!?!) they'll leave me another week if everything else is still okay.

Either way it appears that induction is impending and im wondering if there anything I can do eg exercises or eating anything in particular that might increase chances of induction getting things going and lessen the chance of needing intervention?

Any advice much appreciated!

sleepevader Thu 08-Sep-11 17:32:37

Hi bumping for you as I'm interested on some advice for similar reasons.

I'm trying reflexogly, seeing my osteopath, walking and sex

sleepevader Thu 08-Sep-11 17:36:04

Also my midwife has promised to attempt a sweep from 37wks.

Apparently nipple simulation produces oxytocin but needs to be five for at least an hour. Are you harvesting colostrum for baby?

amelianoah Thu 08-Sep-11 18:51:58

Hi, with my last pregnancy I was due to be induced at 39w with sweeps starting at 38w. My MW suggested acupuncture to prepare the cervix so I went with it. I had 2 sessions of acupuncture, the sweep at 38+1 and my DS was born at 38+2 without need for any other intervention. Obviously not a clinical trial proving acupuncture works but I will try the same again this time round too. HTH x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now