Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone having vivid dreams?

(10 Posts)
fuckityfuckfuckfuck Wed 07-Sep-11 10:32:01

I'm 12 weeks and have been having vivid dreams for a while but they've started to get extreme and quite upsetting. At first they didn't particuarly relate to pregnancy but last night I had a horrible one that I woke up having had a caesarean, knowing nothing about it. I've had 2 natural births so I've no reason to think I'd need a c section, but what upset me most about the dream was that I had no idea it was happening, I just woke up in hospital no longer pregnant and with no baby is sight! I know it's just a dream and it's silly to get upset but I hardly ever remember my dreams so this is quite new thing for me. I'm going to try and make bedtime more relaxing and hope that that helps to calm them down a bit. Anyone else?

cravingcake Wed 07-Sep-11 10:43:33

Yep, I have had weird and vivid dreams since early on. Last night I dreamt I had to do another pregnancy test (I'm 32 weeks) and it was my waters braking, not wee, and the lines on the test kept changing colour and moving about.

cravingcake Wed 07-Sep-11 10:44:44

sorry should say that it was dreamt that waters broke, that hasnt actually happened, or not to my knowledge smile

HotPinkGingham Wed 07-Sep-11 10:57:38

Oh yes. I dreamt that I was going into early labour in a dirty swimming pool abroad...and Alan Bennett (the septigenerian, Yorkshire playwright, of all people) was my birthing partner. Weird...

I have very vivid dreams almost every night. They are mostly odd rather than frightening, but I have dreamt I bled a few times and woken up really upset and worried. I'm sure it's just our worst fears playing themselves out (the ones we try to suppress while awake).

themightyskim Wed 07-Sep-11 11:42:55

me too, mostly stupid stuff but nearly always with a tenuous baby link and a few times it has been very upsetting stuff about loosing the baby - too many hormones by far x x

melliebobs Wed 07-Sep-11 12:33:41

I've had weird vivid dreams. One included me having said baby and it was a girl. I woke up and this baby was Lying next to me so was asking dh what was going on and he said Id had a cs. I went mental asking if I'd agreed to that and apparently i was so out of it dh consented for me. Then within a day this baby was the size of my 10month old niece! I came home from the shop and walked into the living room to find lots of bits of rubber everywhere (why I left baby home alone I don't know). I walk in and the baby is tearing chunks out of the tyres of her pram
With her teeth! Just like my bloomin dog would! (he's a terrier and I often come home to a path of destruction!). I'm now thinking baby and dog are gonna become best buds and like partners in crime!

OptomisticBiscuit Wed 07-Sep-11 15:15:38

I've been having awful dreams, vivid and upsetting, my mum dying, my husband having an affair with my best friend, leaving the baby in odd places (dogs basket, outside shops etc) and it's gone when I get back, all sorts of stuff. I know it's just stress / pregnancy, but I wish it would stop!

ITryToBeZenBut Wed 07-Sep-11 19:14:22

Me too. Very vivid dreams since early weeks - 17 weeks now but normally bizarre and not upsetting although I had a horrible one about a serial killer last night. I don't know why? I feel asleep watching 'Don't tell the bride' ??!!confused

wrinklyraisin Wed 07-Sep-11 19:40:44

I'm only a few weeks pg (if I even AM pg) but this last week I have had nightmares every night about being chased/killed/hurt. Horrid. They have also been quite sexual and also just plain disturbing. No idea if its anything to do with pg but it's freaking me out.

sjuperwolef Wed 07-Sep-11 20:04:36

i keep dreaming ppl are trying to steal my baby sad im 32 weeks and its always my sil who doesnt have or want kids trying to steal my son - she gets obsessed with babies and i worry she will try and take over with him. she wont of coarse but im being greedy, my kids are mine and everyone can back off and leave us alone <even dp grin <g>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now