Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

33+4 weeks and suffering from lower back pain and lower stomach cramps, anyone else?

(4 Posts)
becks130 Tue 06-Sep-11 19:52:42

I've been suffering the above on and off since Sunday and also feeling sick, can anyone help with what it could be?

I felt terrible on sunday with feeling sick and headaches so went to day assessment and they said that it was just tiredness and to rest, VERY hard with 2 young children! But the back pain and cramps came after, they do come and go and baby is still moving. could they be a sign of early labour or is it just braxton hicks???

Thanks

outthere Tue 06-Sep-11 20:37:51

How frequent are the pains? Do you get them at the same time as tightenings? And are they getting worse or more frequent?

I'm 28 weeks and have similar pains but I think my back pain is from when I sit without lumbar support because it's completely unrelated to any contractions and is relieved by sticking a pillow behnd me.

My "uterine" pain (round the front of my belly, low down) has also been really random and not particularly frequent or intense. I did have one scary episode of a very painful BH when at work today - it stopped me mid sentence and I went bright red... But because it was a one off it hasn't bothered me unduly...

Is what you're having something simliar? Could you possibly have a UTI?

Sure everything's just fine, sometimes it's so bloody hard to know what's normal and what's not...

babbz21 Wed 07-Sep-11 05:57:04

Im 6mths n for the last few days Ive had the worse pain on the right side of my bck under my ribs or right on top of my hip bone....the pain is so bad I dnt even wanna move..anyone no what im going through or no how to deal with the pain?

loha Wed 07-Sep-11 12:29:54

I'm 34+2 now and have had the same on and off for a couple of weeks now. Was also worried about early labour etc so asked a midwife. If the back pain is higher up where your kidneys are it's worth asking for a test in case it's a uti but otherwise those pains are normal. I was told not to worry about anything until any of the usual signs of bleeding, waters breaking, cramps becoming increasingly regular and painful. If none of that is happening just take some paracetamol and try not to worry! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now