Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried?!?!

(9 Posts)
justhayley Tue 06-Sep-11 11:09:26

Hi ladies,
I'm not sure if I'm goin mad or my worries are warranted.
I'm approx 8/9 weeks pregnant - have my dating scan friday.
Anyway for the last 2 days I havnt really felt pregnant anymore-I'm sleeping better, I'm not as exausted, I havnt got morning sickness (although iv only really had 2 occasions where iv wretched because of smells), and I'm
Not sure if I'm imagining it but my belly isn't as bloated as it was a few days ago and I'm sure my breasts have gone down a little.
In my self I'm feeling really well with a normal amount of energy - I havnt felt great for about a month.

I havnt had any bleeding or discharge or anything but I'm worried I may have had a miscarriage.
Is it normal for pregnancy symptoms to come & go, or maybe my body has adjusted so I'm not feeling crappy anymore??

Any advice or ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

Hayley x

candr Tue 06-Sep-11 11:45:53

Hi, I felt good and bad days throughout pregnancy and some days almost forgot I was pregnant when I had no symptoms. I could feel fine for a few days and then not move without feeling ill or a smell setting me off. If you are really worried call MW but the lack of bleeding is a good sign. It may just be that you are over the shock of being pregnant as I found it a shock even though we were TTC. Hopefully someone else may have better advice.

melliebobs Tue 06-Sep-11 11:56:32

got to say around the 10 week mark my symptoms had dissapeared. And when there are such long waits between seeing a midwife and having scans etc its understandable that you think the past month or so was all in your head! I've had a scan and seen that there definatly is something in there, now at 16 weeks and no movement, no bump, no nothing and i'm beginning to doubt myself again. Thank god i have my 16wk check on friday for further reassurance!

PinkFondantFancy Tue 06-Sep-11 11:59:12

Symptoms definitely come and go. I too became quite panicky about 8 weeks ish when my boobs stopped hurting and I felt a bit better but everything was fine.

It's really hard not to symptom spot but things coming or going isn't necessarily a sign of doom. As candr says, you can have a few days of feeling fine and then all of a sudden the symptoms are back.

It's hard, but try and relax and enjoy this period of feeling more like yourself! Good luck for your scan on Friday.

Paschaelina Tue 06-Sep-11 11:59:35

I didnt even start feeling ill til about 11 weeks, then it continued on through the rest of the pregnancy. Everyone's different. Good luck for your scan on friday.

justhayley Tue 06-Sep-11 12:28:52

Thanks for all your messages they are re assuring.
It's strange being worried because I feel good!
I don't have a mid wife yet, I'm moving out of London on Thursday and my GP said to wait till I move to get one. For now MN members are my midwives smile

Hopefully the scan will show everything is at it should be

Thanks again
Hayley xx

banana87 Tue 06-Sep-11 15:23:41

Is there any way you can get to the EPU at St. Georges on tooting? They take self referrals and might give you some reassurance.

justhayley Tue 06-Sep-11 20:15:50

Wow really that's good to know thank you xx

Oeisha Tue 06-Sep-11 21:49:52

Congrats!

8-9wks is very early for a dating scan, so they may well book you in again at 12wks..!

My symptoms certainly dissapeared for a while (went from barely being able to wear a bra to feeling totally normal breast wise in anout 24h). At about 10wks the MS really kicked in. Unless you're cramping and bleeding I wouldn't worry.

GL though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now