Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

feeling a bit yucky

(4 Posts)
Rainday Mon 05-Sep-11 19:07:03

I've recently found out that I'm pregnant with first baby. I'm only 5 weeks but I'm feeling sick and periody is this normal. We've been trying for 2 years so I'm feeling a bit anxious about this, and worrying about loosing the baby - its just taken so long to get here

littleshinyone Mon 05-Sep-11 19:11:37

totally normal!

i'm 12 weeks into second pregnancy, have been very ill with both, but have also been backachey- like- a- period for the last few weeks.

if it helps at all, feeling nauseous is associated with less problems with miscarriage...

hard not to worry though, until you start feeling movements- interestingly I stopped vomiting the same day I felt movements with my first baby- think it was my body's way of telling me all was ok!!

good luck, i know lots of other people will reassure you too. when are you having your booking appointment?

remember, no doctor or midwife minds seeing someone worried in pregnancy- even if they can't do that much other than chat about uncertainty and try to reassure you that things are going to plan... no one tells you quite how hard pregnancy is on the body- definitely a big shock to me first time!!

littleshinyone Mon 05-Sep-11 19:12:17

and second time come to that!!!

Rainday Tue 06-Sep-11 19:07:32

thanks for the reassurance it's all been a bit weird - burst in to tears last night. Feeling a bit better today but still feel sick, at least I'm not actually physically sick. Anyway thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now