Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Music groups for mums-to-be

(3 Posts)
Rosie360 Mon 05-Sep-11 18:28:45

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has come across any music/singing groups for pregnant women? If so have you had experience of these groups, what did you think?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

xx

localcrackpot Mon 05-Sep-11 18:54:38

I just carry on singing with my consort group - the rest of 'em aren't pregnant and some aren't even ladies!

I don't think there are enough good singers who are pregnant near me. I'm in it for the singing. Sitting round with a load of merry non-singers would bring out the hormones in me when they didn't know any madrigals or couldn't stick to their parts.

Normal choirs all the way are my suggestion smile

BedHog Mon 05-Sep-11 19:06:50

Do you mean the sort of music groups where you sit in a circle in a dingy church hall singing '10 fat sausages' and 'dingle dangle scarecrow' etc?

If so, these are torturous enough when you have a small child. I can't see any pregnant woman willingly partaking in such an activity before she gives birth!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now